Lead VDI Systems Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for all aspects of the software development life-cycle for server, workstation, and application virtualization solutions. Core competencies include, but are not limited to: x86 hypervisors, VDI, application virtualization/layering, scripting/automation, and x86 hardware solutions. Work independently and provides forward thinking solutions that drive both infrastructure and business solutions in a highly available and highly regulated environment. Interfaces with Solution Architect and Application Development teams on standards exceptions or problem solving of issues relating to hardware/os/application integration.
The ideal candidate will lean on strong experiences from living in a Fortune 500 Enterprise. The candidate will be a go getter, will show examples of leading large scale projects or being the rockstar that lead to the success of a high performing team. This role can allow for the person to be a leader on a wide breadth of technical initiatives and drive value across multiple domains. This person will also have a strong exposure to Infrastructure Agile Principles, Scrum and SaFE would be a bonus. The resource will participate in an on call rotation and will be escalated to as the technical expert to solve highly visible, major impact incidents.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of Large Enterprise Systems Engineering or related experience
- In lieu of degree, 4+ years of Large Enterprise Systems Engineering or related experience
- 6+ years of Large Enterprise Systems Engineering or related experience
- Citrix Certification
- VMWare Certification
- Microsoft Certification
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop design, performance tuning, end user optimizations
- Experience with Citrix components (XenApp, XenDesktop, Netscaler) Application Layering (Citrix AppLayering, VMware AppVolumes)
- Familiarity with Hyperconverged Hosting Technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS/Powershell/SCCM/Group Policy
- Experience in Network Architecture/Security
- Experience with Scripting/Automation
- Experience with Thin Client Provisioning
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.