Level 2 Support Engineer at SpotHero
SpotHero is seeking a Level 2 Support Engineer to work primarily with our customer care and engineering departments in order to polish our product and defeat some parking villains (tech bugs). If you’re technical, love to solve problems, a little meticulous, and are ready to jump into an "all hands on deck" environment, this role is for you!
Who we are: SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve a convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will I do?
- You were born to find bugs. Even the smallest bug cannot evade your flyswatter and the most complicated are no sweat for your skills.
- Work with support to monitor and investigate technical issues while communicating updates and workarounds appropriately.
- Problem solve to discover the root cause of issues ranging from app login errors to significant backend server errors.
- Triage issues for Engineering to ensure that the most critical and pressing are taken care of appropriately.
- Produce the best bug reports that replicate the issue, document the steps, and pinpoint the root cause.
- Distinguish between bugs, tasks, and product improvements and escalate appropriately.
- Develop and revise our playbooks and knowledge base to improve company efficiency.
- Improve customer experience as we remove bugs to help make parking easy for all.
- Work with facility managers to solve integration related issues.
- Increase efficiency at diagnosing, documenting, and resolving complicated issues.
- Resourceful. Bugs can be difficult. You find the tools and solutions to support your teams.
- Technical and Tactical. You’re comfortable with how things work and are strategic in your resolution processes.
- Natural Communicator. Things get lost in translation. You fix that.
- Self-Starter. Why wait when you can get stuff done?
- Organized. You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
- Diligent. You don't get overwhelmed easily. Thousands of emails/phone calls each month – No prob!
- Inquisitive. You’re constantly asking questions and looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 3+ years experience in a technical support role working with network related products
- Proven understanding of web technologies such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.
- API, SQL, Salesforce, and JIRA experience preferred
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
NOTE: You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.