Loan Servicing Representative at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for servicing consumer loans from post-origination through early stages of delinquency, or until pay off. The incumbent will assist members with vehicle title requests, gathering sales tax, preparing loan payoffs, monitoring insurance coverage, ensuring accurate loan information, creating miscellaneous reports and ultimately reducing potential losses to the credit union. Responsibilities include serving as a resource to the frontline for loan servicing questions and ensuring that internal and external customers receive exceptional customer service.
What makes you a great fit?
- Process all file maintenance related to collateral protection insurance (i.e. billing and refunds)
- Assist with working title reports, perfecting and releasing vehicle titles, and other miscellaneous processes
- Interact both verbally and in writing with multiple internal and external partners to resolve member issues, improve processes and create a favorable lending experience
- Achieve operational service level agreements including individual and departmental productivity targets
- Perform and document quality assurance reviews related to loan servicing processes
- Participate in new and innovative projects to improve efficient consumer servicing processes
- Identify continuous operational improvement opportunities and service efficiency initiatives; recommend solutions, and participate in the implementation of agreed upon changes
Do you see yourself doing this?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to a High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred, and you have:
- Minimum two years’ experience as a customer service/loan servicing representative, required
- Must be detail oriented, results and improvement driven, and quality-focused, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Must have strong analytical, time management & research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to use a continuous improvement approach to enhance intra-departmental processes
- Ability to assume responsibility, display initiative, exercise good judgement and make and act upon decisions with minimal supervision
- Prior experience working with vendors to obtain refunds is highly desirable
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off