Manager, Agency Customer Success
Sprout Social is seeking a talented Customer Success leader to oversee a team of Customer Success Managers. The Manager of Customer Success will contribute to the development of a world-class Customer Success team that ensures our customers achieve desired outcomes through the adoption of Sprout Social’s software. The Manager will lead this team across a portfolio of agency accounts and be responsible for achieving churn quotas, hiring and developing, directly engaging with customers, and collaborating with other teams across Sprout Social.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in customer relations/account management and sales. The candidate must be highly motivated, possess outstanding communication skills and be willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment. The candidate draws on their experience when coaching direct reports, analyzing data, evaluating workflow processes and working with various operational tool sets.
Our Customer Success organization cultivates strong relationships and loyalty with more than 25,000 brands around the world including Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses and agencies rely on Sprout to create long-lasting connections with their customers and clients through social media.
- Demonstrated experience working in a SaaS or agency environment.
- Background of post-sale experience with consistent track record of exceeding retention/churn quotas.
- Proven track record of leading customer-facing teams.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Strong empathy for customers.
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Customer Success Leadership team to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Meet your team in 1:1s to understand each individual’s current challenges and areas of opportunity.
- Educate yourself on the current team structure, goals and overall strengths/weaknesses.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Meet with leaders throughout the Sales & Customer Success organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish a strong understanding of sales enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities.
- Create an early concept of future plan for your team and begin prioritizing.
- Begin coaching and mentoring team with call shadowing and role plays to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to net revenue retention and team productivity.
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross departmental relationships.
- Demonstrate personal leadership perspective and share learnings and best practices across the organization.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing industry trends and product vision to help our customers identify their needs and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed quarterly net revenue retention targets.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout.
- Establish and begin executing against long term plan for your team.
- Promote members on your team and begin creating bench of new talent.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!