Manager, Clinical Quality Pharmacy at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Manager, Clinical Quality Pharmacy (Remote)
Join the frontlines of today’s healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Manager, Clinical Quality Pharmacy to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how a Manager, Clinical Quality Pharmacy helps reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
In this role, you will be responsible for driving clinical quality pharmacy performance for the organization across all value-based care contracts. The scope of work involves managing clinical quality operations which includes oversight of operations supervisors, team leads, quality specialist (pharmacy technician) outreach staff, clinical pharmacists, pharmacy residents, and pharmacy interns. You will be a member of an enterprise-wide central clinical quality team which is responsible for providing clinical services, reporting, performance benchmarking, process improvement, best practice sharing, training, and education. As our organization continues to grow, so do the opportunities to develop your skills and gain exposure to different areas of our business and model of care.
How You Can Make A Difference
You can expect the following professional challenges:
- Support deployment of central quality services team across VillageMD markets
- Manage quality operations supervisor, quality specialist, and clinical pharmacist teams focused on improving quality measures for value-based care patients across VillageMD markets
- Supervise staff including performance evaluations, staffing plans, training and development, review and approval of work, leave approvals, disciplinary matters, team building, and recruitment
- Develop and implement policies, practices, and procedures for clinical pharmacy department
- Develop and communicate performance metrics to assess productivity and effectiveness of individuals and team
- Prepare, compile, review, and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for quality committee
- Develop, design, implement, and manage pharmacy clinical programs
- Facilitate strategic and tactical planning for quality improvement programs, including needs assessments, evaluations, root cause analysis, and interventions
- Develop education and training programs for local market operating teams and primary care providers
- Provide expertise and support in advancement of clinical pharmacy and quality strategy
- Represent clinical pharmacy in VillageMD national committees and meetings
- Establish professional relationships with key stakeholders including medical directors, market operations, care management, population health, pharmacy integration, technology, analytics, and clinical teams
- Work directly with clinical operations, care management, technology, and analytics to maintain the integrity and quality of clinical programs
- Establish and implement programs for cost-effective drug therapy and successful patient outcomes
- Attend conferences, seminars, and meetings as required
- Perform all other duties as assigned to meet departmental objectives
Skills For Success
- High emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and can successfully navigate diverse stakeholder groups
- Experience with value-based care initiatives and/or positively influencing quality outcomes
- You are accomplished at distilling complex, technical information to stakeholders at an operational level to effect change
- Proven sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results
- Consistent experience performing under pressure with a keen sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- Passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution, with ability to substantiate
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication and doing what you say you will do
- The ability to manage competing priorities and succeed in a fast-paced environment
Experience to Drive Change
- 4+ years of clinical pharmacy experience required
- PharmD from an accredited college of pharmacy required
- Active, unrestricted pharmacy license in primary state of residence required
- Leadership experience ideally in a managed care, provider or healthcare services setting preferred
- Strong understanding of HEDIS, Medicare STARs measures, and quality measures preferred
- Proven project management experience including program development and implementation as well as identifying and deploying cross-organization best practices
- This role can be remote based in the United States with up to 20% travel required
- Residence in a major metropolitan area in one of VillageMD's current markets preferred
How you will thrive
- In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
- You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.