Manager, Customer Service at FTD
Position Description: This position description provides the minimum job requirements as additional duties may be assigned by supervisors. The requirements listed are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for the position. This job description is not a contract and does not change the employment "at will" relationship. FTD reserves its right to amend the job description at any time at its discretion.
Purpose of Position: Manages and develops a team of 5-100 employees to meet specific individual, team and company goals. Executes management and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with peers, Workforce, Call Center Director, Assistant Director, HR and Training to ensure team success.
- Possesses knowledge on all company products, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Manages team to meet specific goals which directly relate to fiscal year site level goals. Reports performances as it relates to team and individual goals to Call Center Director and/or Assistant Director
- Monitors customer calls by listening in on call and using the monitor form to record call data. Monitoring may also include use of the side-by-side method.
- Provides consistent positive constructive feedback through effective coaching and training.
- Records attendance for employees as necessary on individual calendars and on team check-ins. Sends informational emails based on data from attendance line. Follows up as necessary to determine compliance without the company's Attendance Policy.
- Monitors key performance indicators such as product guarantee, site quality, site AHT (average handle time), site conversion, site service levels, and other sales goals, in addition to team stats as defined above.
- Conducts interviews with potential candidates for seasonal and core CSR and FAH positions.
- Monitors performance and proactively addresses areas of development which may include delivering progressive disciplinary actions in a confidential manner including but not limited to attendance, performance statistics, order issues, errors and refund reviews.
- Handles escalation calls efficiently and professionally, achieving customer satisfaction while adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Partners with Workforce and the Director regarding scheduling, including upkeep of daily check-in and immediate communication of missed punches for timekeeping.
- Supports all areas of the production floor and fills in as needed based on business requirements.
- Provides coverage for opening and/or closing of the call center production area as necessary.
- Monitors service levels, abandonment rates, handle times and occupancy through CMS programs.
- Monitors respective team's tagged items to ensure proper customer follow up.
- Partners with Workforce to monitor real time statistics to manager workload effectively, especially when individual CSRs are absent. Maintains real time coverage in the absence of a Workforce team member.
- Maintains accurate reporting for all databases as it relates to the tracking of employee performance.
- Assists with training as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to use computer and key board for extended periods of time
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk or listen
- Required to talk on the phone with customers for extended periods of time and is required to type repetitively for extended periods of time
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and a proven ability to effectively develop, coach and motivate employees. Inbound call center experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years of proven management experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business practices.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent grammar, a clear speaking voice and good listening skills
- Ability to prioritize and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be flexible, receptive to change, and have the ability to adapt quickly to changing business requirements.
- Must be able to multi-task and interact professionally with all levels of staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Team oriented with proven leadership skills
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Ability to show empathy and be persuasive.
- Solid understanding of FTD corporate infrastructure, technology and products.
- Ability to learn CMS and other systems and to read content from websites and apply appropriately in core software applications.
- Must have the ability to travel to other company sites as necessary