Manager, Customer Support at Sprout Social
At Sprout Social, we strive to deliver cutting edge user, customer and employee experiences across all of our products and teams. We are seeking an experienced Manager, Customer Support to help us continue to grow our global support organization and reach our goal of scaling to 24/7 operations this year!
As a Manager, Customer Support you will supervise two to four team leads each leading three to five Customer Advocates in delivering real time high quality solutions to our 25,000 global customers. Managers will be responsible for shift scheduling, team capacity, performance/growth and ensuring all core qualitative and quantitative KPIs are achieved. You will also be active collaborators across our leadership team, within our support organization and across Sprout, helping drive the voice of the customer across Sprout.
We are looking for a leader with experience scaling multi-shift and multi-region teams (our team is dispersed and includes both office-based and remote members), managing multilingual teams (we provide support in 3 languages, with plans to expand our offerings in the future), and someone who has experience managing people leaders. We are looking for someone who is highly motivating, as a leader who will be responsible for the growth and success of our team members. Realtime multichannel (chat, email, and phone) SaaS or high-volume support experience is a must, as the Manager, Customer Support will be responsible for the strategy and operational management of the team.
- 3+ years leading Customer Service teams in a high volume 24/7 real time operation center - SaaS or B2C Technical Support experience is a must
- Experience leading distributed teams and team leads or managers
- A quality first approach : experience executing, managing and calibrating multi-channel QA processes as well as leading teams through a deep KPI understanding
- Strong internal and external team communication skills
- Partner with our strategic team managers to project manage a range of training, quality and systems initiatives
- Experience managing support tools, such chat/ticketing platforms, CRMs, etc. Specific experience in managing Zendesk and/or Salesforce is a plus
- Social Media savvy with a natural empathy for our customers
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout Social team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications and our company’s key metrics.
- Establish relationships with our Customer Advocates, Team Leads, Management Team and cross-org key stakeholders
Within 3 months, you will…
- Have taken leadership of a team of 3 Team Leads and ~10-15 Customer Advocates
- Gain a firm understanding of our team’s core KPIs and provide routine reporting of team performance, blockers and opportunities
- Have completed initial leadership/product training and begin taking ownership of your team’s growth (recruiting and internal growth)
- Have gained mastery of support processes, product escalation workflows and feedback relationships across our Support Leadership Team
- Build routine relationships with customer-facing teams across Sprout such as Sales & Success
Within 6 months, you will…
- In partnership with our Support Leadership Team, gain an understanding of our team’s employee experience metrics and set goals around ensuring the best work environment for our team members
- Project manage a wide range of projects aimed to improve our Customer and Employee experiences
- Lead scheduling/forecasting efforts, ensuring appropriate capacity to deliver to our customer experience KPIs
Within 12 months, you will…
- Foster a team of highly-engaged Team Leads & Customer Advocates, delivering outlier KPIs across the SaaS industry
- Contribute to growth and development efforts for your team and across our Customer Support organization
- Actively recognize and contribute to project pipelines to ensure Sprout continues to be a SaaS industry leader in Customer and Employee experiences
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!