Manager, IT Logistics & Repair
Responsible for directly managing teams responsible for repair and parts replenishment of Field Services depot and customer locations. Responsible for providing reports on costs and inventory; reporting on performance of the areas under management; ensuring equipment requests are processed promptly for stores, depots and other Walgreen facilities. Drives continuous improvement in repair and logistics operations including managing vendor relationships and driving cost savings.
- Oversees parts replenishment of customer and depot locations. Ensures accurate parts picking and shipping ensuring timely delivery to customer and depot locations, meeting customer expectations.
- Develops processes and procedures to ensure best of class repair and logistics support for field service operations. Partners with internal and external teams to optimize operations and overall workflows.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Collaborates with other functional groups including Strategic Sourcing, ESS, Staging, Construction, Security and other business & support teams to ensure equipment is shipped according to various project schedules.
- Manages repair operations between repair centers to ensure standardized operations and quality assurance.
- Manages inventories of parts utilized in specified hardware repair depots, including warranty repair and replacement programs. Utilizes just in time methodologies to minimize systems expense.
- Reports on all areas under management to demonstrate and validate performance metrics such as on time performance, and other key performance indicators.
- Reviews all internal processes on a regular basis, recommends & implements improvements.
- Identifies and exploits opportunities to reduce repair items and decrease no problem found rate.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
External Basic Qualifications
- Associates Degree or higher and at least 5 years of experience in logistics and warehouse workflow OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in logistics and warehouse workflow.
- Experience with retail technologies & computer components.
- Experience with logistics and warehouse workflow.
- Experience with computer services.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.