Manager, Merchant Care
ShipBob is looking for an experienced Manager, to lead the Merchant Care team, who is fanatically passionate about coaching and teaching others to be their best. The Merchant Care team is responsible for providing support to business clients that are using ShipBob’s tech-enabled fulfillment services.
More specifically, these responsibilities include…
Employee Performance Management
Responsible for providing employee feedback, accountability and documentation for performance outcomes. This requires regular, ongoing communication that includes, but is not limited to, clarifying expectations, setting objectives, identifying goals, providing feedback, reviewing results, providing coaching and identifying improvement plans.
KPI Performance Management
Responsible for defining Merchant Care KPIs, identifying targets and managing team performance, company performance and business processes to those targets.
Responsible for handling merchant escalations, in partnership with the Merchant Care team members, in a way that balances the merchant experience with fiscal responsibility and standard policies & procedures.
Business Process Improvement
Responsible for identifying Merchant pain points & contact reasons and working with the broader ShipBob organization to address these with the intention of reducing the ticket to order rate and improving the Merchant experience.
- Understand Merchant contact reason codes and trends, to identify improvement opportunities
- Analyze Merchant Care KPI performance data for trends in ticket types that trigger low star/effort scores to identify training opportunities, product enhancement ideas, operational improvement opportunities, etc.
- Regularly evaluate and identify opportunities to innovate processes in a way that positively impacts the Merchant Care team member and Merchant experience
- Become a subject matter expert on the ShipBob Dashboard and inbound, inventory and outbound fulfillment processes so we can have the most optimal use of our technology & services
- Become a subject matter expert on ShipBob policies and procedures
- Document best practices and ensure they are being leveraged within Merchant Care
- Troubleshoot errors, overcome challenging roadblocks, and design creative solutions to solve challenging requests
- Highly motivated & enthusiastic self-starter with an insatiable drive to succeed
- Must have strong data analysis skills
- Must possess business savvy and exhibit logical thought processing
- Must be naturally curious and exhibit curiosity at all times, including asking great questions & challenging the status quo
- Ability to balance patience with sense of urgency
- Ability to analyze data in order to identify the most significant areas of business process improvement opportunities
- Ability to identify and manage projects risks
- Ability to think on your feet and provide lightning-quick resolutions
- Adaptable to new situations & constantly changing environment
- Excellent listener and communicator, with superb interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and as a team player
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have a positive outlook
- Quick with technology and strong desire to learn how to navigate software programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to negotiate, create ‘win-win’ scenarios
- Desire and ability to learn the ins & outs of the fulfillment industry to design processes and solutions that optimally support our Merchants
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Contact Center / Customer Support Operations
- Minimum of 5 years management experience, with proven track record of creating a high performing team
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business Management, Communications, Supply Chain or Operations Management
- Industry experience preferred in logistics or fulfillment
- Systems support experience with Zendesk or Salesforce preferred