Manager, Payor Contracting (Central) at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Manager of Payor Contracting (Central)
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Manager of Payor Contracting in the Central Region to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
Integral to our team, the Manager of Payor Contracting will be accountable for driving successful payor and provider partnerships through development, execution, and management of agreements that support the VillageMD business model, particularly our physician partners and patients served. This individual will be responsible for leading and supporting negotiations with both payors and providers with an emphasis on building strong, collaborative relationships that support innovative reimbursement structures to advance the best interest of high quality, affordable patient care.
How you can make a difference
- Negotiate appropriate payor and provider agreements aligned to delivering value-based care
- Participate in the strategic development of provider networks and contracting initiatives in assigned markets
- Manage on-going provider relationships in tandem with market leadership both individually and through a Network Performance team reporting directly to you
- Act as front-line triage for specialty providers and other partners in the market to ensure operational excellence
- Work closely with Operations team members to ensure that key provider support processes are well functioning
- Participate in business development efforts and initial outreach
- Support VillageMD success by completing any required tasks as assigned
Skills for success
- Ability to be proactive with strong personal initiative as well as highly organized and detail oriented.
- Effectively contributing to building collaborative payor and provider relationships that result in advantageous contract arrangements and operational excellence
- Understanding of medical cost trends that drive gains and losses across risk pools
- Ability to navigate within ambiguity, a service orientation, and a high level of humility are vital for successful assimilation into our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture
- Strong knowledge of Medicare Advantage bid process and payor funds flow
- Knowledge and understanding of health plan network operations preferred
Experience to drive change
- Demonstrated track record of building strong working relationships across operational leaders and potential payor partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business required
- Payor and/or Provider contracting experience required
- Demonstrated analytical, project management, and leadership skills
- Knowledge of value-based contract methodologies and preferred financial and administrative terms
- Ability to think independently, and develop new processes/analyses required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and execute against multiple competing priorities
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.