Manager of Vendor and Obtainment Operations
The Manager of Vendor and Obtainment Operations oversees the operational teams and activities that support the content “assembly line” and the delivery of chemical management projects. This full-time position supports VelocityEHS primarily by being the main, daily point of contact with vendors engaged in SDS obtainment and indexing, as well as supervising internal operations staff. The Manager of Vendor and Obtainment Operations also works with department leadership to continuously improve quality assurance processes and the company’s ROI on SDS obtainment and indexing, as well as to develop and maintain operational metrics and reporting to ensure departmental goals are achieved.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vendor and Obtainment Operations Department Leadership
- Hire, train, manage, schedule, motivate, evaluate and develop, alone and/or in conjunction with department leadership, VelocityEHS staff; manage contract/temporary labor pool.
- Serve as subject matter expert on all facets of SDS obtainment and indexing and vendor management. Provide the expertise necessary to train/coach vendor and VelocityEHS staff including coaching, and change management for vendor and internal staff SOPs, process changes, and FAQs.
- Become continuous improvement zealot in all areas of SDS obtainment and indexing; assist department in identifying and developing technology-based processes and efficiencies.
- Collect and report various daily, weekly, and monthly workflow metrics. Maintain, analyze, and improve regular department reporting (i.e. KPIs). Ensure individual project metrics are aggregated into one overall results repository.
- Assist Content Operations leadership with high-level strategic planning and process development initiatives.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all VelocityEHS products and services in order to potentially provide customer, sales, and product development support.
- Vendor Management
- Oversee vendors engaged in SDS obtainment, standard indexing, and special indexing projects:provide vendors annual and near term volume forecasts to manage vendor bandwidth support; facilitate regularly scheduled vendor meetings; ensure vendor certifications; manage vendor SOPS; perform vendor invoice reconciliation; field escalation of issues raised through vendors.
- Formalize and maintain quality control over content assembly line, including QA for project batches (obtainment, standard indexing, and special indexing).
- Identify, train, and pilot new vendors.
- Lead efforts in foreign language obtainment and indexing service pilots.
- Annually review vendor contract agreements and rates.
- Obtainment Management
- Establish, manage, and document relationships with manufacturers.
- Have shared goal with Content Operations to increase participation in Manufacturer Submit program.
- Increase obtainment success rates by reviewing vendor and internal obtainment efforts to identify issues or opportunities for improvement that can be addressed through training, CMA enhancements, FAQs, and SOPs.
- Assist in obtainment forecasting to manage contract/temporary labor pool bandwidth to support.
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related professional experience. This experience would preferably have demonstrated accomplishment in a project and operational leadership role with 3+ years of direct supervisory experience
- Energetic, innovative, flexible and adaptive
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Explorer)
- Knowledgeable with Adobe Acrobat/Distiller (PDF)
- SQL familiarity a plus
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.