Merchant Development Assistant
ShareASale has been in business for 19 years, exclusively as an Affiliate Marketing Network. Our technology receives accolades for speed, efficiency, and accuracy – and our reputation as a fair and honest business is well known within the industry. Our objective is to provide customers with an advanced Affiliate Marketing platform. We strive to deliver the best product in the industry, and support it with superior customer service provided by people that will follow up, call back, and provide real solutions. In January 2017, global affiliate network Awin acquired ShareASale to provide further international opportunities to domestic advertisers and publishers.
The Merchant Development Assistant works with existing Merchants to provide supporting resources that will ensure client success. This person will also be empowered to help design and implement new ways to better serve our clients.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Customer-centric, consistently friendly and positive with a high level of patience.
- Have a strong desire to learn and grow with the challenges of a company/industry that is always evolving and moving at a fast pace.
- Self-starter. A team player who can work independently and within a group.
- Review and respond to incoming Merchant inquiries via ticket, email, phone, etc for all live accounts. Follow up and escalate to management as needed.
- Consistently focus efforts on top of the line customer service.
- Learn the ShareASale toolset and confidently assist Merchants with reporting and tool integration.
- Monitor the Offline Merchants page and work with Merchant Development Executive and Manager to identify strategy to connect with all Merchants who are currently inactive.
- Review Merchant accounts and provide a Diagnostics report along with recommendations
- Monitor Featured Program inventory and coordinate with Merchant Development Team to establish strategy for filling unsold inventory.
- Use provided reporting tools to make client supporting decisions .
- Monitor and identify Merchant accounts that are dormant or running on “auto-pilot”. Reach out to account representatives via email or phone to provide account support and recommendations to reactivate the program and generate growth.
- Reach out if an account’s sales are down drastically YoY, MoM, DoD etc.
- Reach out if Creative Inventory needs updating (Banners, Text Links, Datafeed).
- Reach out if anything else in their account looks like it needs addressing.
- Attend networking and industry events (conferences) to strengthen relationships with Merchants.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects designed to help the greater AWIN group.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in online marketing
- Understanding of Affiliate Marketing a major plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with the internet and social media
- Owning/managing a personal or company blog a plus
- Self-starter. A team player who can work independently and within a group
Location: Chicago (River North)