Network Support Engineer - Early in Career
Must have less than 2 years of relevant experience.
Looking for the perfect job to jumpstart your career? Come join the leader of cloud-managed IT!
Cisco Meraki has revolutionized enterprise IT and continues to have ambitious initiatives. We run a world-class Support team that assists our ever-growing global customer and partner base. Our Support team is the backbone of Meraki, providing quality support to over 1 million active networks worldwide to ensure our clients’ network infrastructures run seamlessly and effectively. Our team is made of generalists with the ability to troubleshoot all Meraki product lines, including our wireless access points, security appliances, switches, mobility management application, and phones.
Our team is looking for smart, passionate recent graduates to join our amazing Support organization. As a Network Support Engineer, you can immediately apply your coursework, work with a variety of industries, and gain exposure to a diverse group of teams within. Meraki provides many opportunities for career growth in a fun, challenging, and fast-paced environment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, phone and other various network-related issues reported by Cisco Meraki customers and partners
- Own each networking issue through the process from initial creation to resolution
- Collaborate with other Support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues of customers’ devices
- Read and analyze packet capture using Wireshark
- Work with Engineering and Management to diagnose and resolve critical escalated issues
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles
- Stay up to date on Meraki features and technology by attending lunch and learns, participating in Engineering and Product team communication, and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends
- Thorough comprehension of fundamental networking protocols, including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, OSPF, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks
- Previous internship and/or work experience or volunteer work in a network lab environment helpful
- Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension
- An eagerness to learn from others and be a team player
- Passionate about networking, IT and helping people
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.