Office Manager at DocuSign
Workplace Services | Chicago
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Workplace Services team creates a unique experience and environment that supports our collaborative culture of innovation. The team oversees daily operations of our global offices which ranges from delivering a white glove guest experience, organizing employee events, coordinating office moves, providing a welcoming new hire experience and responding to a variety of employee requests. Workplace Services prides itself in driving solutions, turning innovative ideas into reality, and creating a special place to call work.
The Office Manager thrives in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple tasks while ensuring the office runs efficiently and who enjoys the challenge of always thinking a step ahead. Must be flexible and good-natured to handle a wide variety of functions that vary from basic to complex and challenging.
This position reports to the Manager, Workplace Services North America/APAC
- Develop and ensure consistent delivery of site services to maximize the employee experience while also operating within financial plans.
- Manage the local Workplace Services team by developing and tracking yearly goals, providing mentorship in professional development and ensuring key site deliverables are carried out.
- Manage all Workplace Services vendors – janitorial, food/beverage, maintenance vendors and more.
- Develop strong vendor relationships, manage bid processes and annual budget planning. Track asset life cycles and develop ongoing maintenance plans.
- Partner with HR, ERG groups and other key stakeholders in delivering employee-centric programs, services and events which build company culture.
- Oversee Workplace Services intranet and communications for site, as well as becoming a brand ambassador to ensure alignment and consistency in signage and messaging.
- Maintain regular communication with site leads and other key stakeholders, organizing their input into actionable programs and setting clear expectations for project & service delivery.
- Work closely with IT to create a seamless first day experience for new hires.
- Work across DocuSign’s Real Estate & Workplace Services team to help establish best practices for site management.
- Partner with the WPS planning lead to develop detailed space planning and support short and long-range planning for the Chicago site. Help to establish OfficeSpace metrics based on current and projected headcount.
- Collaborate with the Warrenville Office Manager on regional events including ERG, IMPACT and Holiday Party
- Partner with Security & Safety to manage employee health & safety programs, emergency preparedness and disaster recovery plans. Become DERT certified.
- Ensure compliance with all physical security protocols, ISO and audits.
- Contribute to developing metrics and benchmarks for measuring employee satisfaction and optimizing budgets.
- 3+ years of office services, hospitality and/or facilities experience
- Proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- This role requires the employee to work in the office five days per week
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 3+ years of managing commercial office space and move projects
- A proven track record of success in office services, hospitality and/or facilities management experience. Experience with a mid-to-large sized technology companies a plus
- Attention to detail and data accuracy
- Unwavering ethics and dependability
- Extremely customer-centric, both internally and externally
- Partnering is second nature
- Carries an ‘in charge’ presence
- Able to influence and drive at all levels
- Able to lead multiple, high-priority initiatives and projects
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing and negotiation skills
- Fast-paced, high-energy, quick-thinking, change-oriented, and able to thrive on ambiguity
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to cover peak periods
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously. Good prioritization and time management skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving, and ability to make good decisions in a rapidly changing environment
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.