Who We Are:
Recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces, Smokeball was founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn’t simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
What We Need:
A successful onboarding experience is pivotal in fostering a good client relationship, which means this role is one of the most important at Smokeball. We need highly skilled communicators and trainers to help make the clients’ introduction to our software as seamless as possible. If you also have experience in the legal industry, even better!
Over the course of a week, your responsibilities could include:
- Engaging regularly with clients to enhance the value of utilizing Smokeball software.
- Assessing client training needs and adjusting the pace and environment.
- Delivering and facilitating client training sessions.
- Developing, maintaining, and improving training programs, materials, and quick reference guides.
- Improving software usage through proactive communication.
- Handling day to day client issues including investigating client problems, determining the source, and recommending possible solutions.
- Collaborating and working with Account Managers to ensure clients are tracking toward ongoing success.
Who You Are:
Company culture is the single most important ingredient to our success at Smokeball. Our core values hang on our walls, are listed in our handbook, and are discussed regularly. Our office thrives on positive feedback from our clients and team members alike and we really, really love small love firms. As a member of the team, it is expected that you will care for your colleagues and our clients from day one and that you will work hard to identify areas we can improve in both aspects. We expect open communication, an open mind, and mad ping-pong skills (okay, not a requirement but definitely a plus).
What You Bring:
- 2-3 years of prior training experience preferably in a virtual setting with exposure or knowledge of the legal field.
- Ability and motivation to learn and expand own skills and expertise.
- Experience in training and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to understand, develop, and communicate technical information to nontechnical users.
- Highly dependable with a professional appearance and attitude, modeling company core values at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills necessary to train clients including a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor.
What We Offer:
- Culture: Named one of Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces
- Work-Life Balance: 20 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time
- Benefits: 401(k) match, gym reimbursement, generous parental leave, WFH opportunities, etc.
- Massages: Free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist
- Kitchens: Stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages
- Happy Hours: Both in the office and at fun bars in the area
- Games: Ping-pong, billiards, pop-a-shot, board games, video games, etc.
- Transit: We’re located in downtown Chicago
*Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer