mRelief provides an easy-to-use platform through web, text messaging and voice that enables Americans to enroll end-to-end in the SNAP or food stamp program. Our mission is to restore dignity by transforming access to social services. To date we have helped more than 500,000 families connect to social services and unlocked more than $140 Million in food stamp benefits.
mRelief has been backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Y Combinator, the Knight Foundation, New Media Ventures Fund, Unorthodox Philanthropy and the Stupski Foundation. Our clients include the Yolo County Department of Human Services, the Catholic Charities, the Greater Chicago Food Depository and the Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska.
We are looking for an outstanding Operations Associate to join our team and support people navigating the SNAP enrollment process across the country. This is a full-time position located in Chicago.
As soon as you start at mRelief, you will play a critical role in developing systems for success and driving awareness about how families can apply for social services in the most affirming way possible with Chicago-based families being one area of focus.
Operations Associate responsibilities include:
- Systematizing responses to incoming questions from low-income families.
- Responding to requests from our users over text, phone calls, email and live chat, and Facebook.
- Calling SNAP offices and stakeholders to follow up on case information and outcomes.
- Identifying opportunities to streamline processes.
- Detail oriented, data-driven, meticulous and organized
- Willingness and eagerness to work on transformative technology in a startup environment
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong sense of mission and value alignment with mRelief
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
- Experience in electoral campaigns or call center is a plus
For full-time employees, we pay medical, dental and vision insurance premiums and professional development opportunities to foster a culture of learning.