President at Fortunate Sons
Fortunate Sons, a group of successful startup entities, is developing a cannabis division. This cannabis company will own and operate dispensaries within the state of Illinois and is looking for someone with deep industry knowledge, including supply chain and relationship building, to help spearhead this effort. You will work closely with the CEO to launch this exciting venture. We are searching for a very hands-on, roll up your sleeves, knowledgeable person, willing to get into the weeds in the beginning. This person must be energetic, strategic, and entrepreneurial; and yet willing to do all jobs until the right staff is hired and trained.
Initially there will be 3 – 8 stores, but this will change rapidly within Illinois and other states. This role will be empowered to improve all aspects of the dispensary operations including, but not limited to the guest experience, talent management, training, and its operational processes. The expectation is to make Fortunate Sons the top tier of dispensaries in Illinois and elsewhere as we grow. This position reports to the CEO and will share a current leadership staff with Lucky Lincoln Gaming, LLC, one of the founder’s original companies. This President will be expected to hit target goals jointly set with the CEO. This role may be considered as a FTE or Consultant role depending on experience, etc.
Responsibilities are not limited to the following:
Currently the President will be responsible to communicate with the current staff and lead operations, sales, marketing, distribution, and supply chain, along with the talent acquisition growth strategy. The President will be responsible for every aspect of growing this business from creating a winning structure through execution and implementation/ roll out and new dispensary openings. The incumbent will work closely with the CEO to launch this exciting venture. We are looking for a strong operator that has experience in Cannabis already. Most likely starting out with 3 - 8 stores.
This role must create sustainable and scalable processes to meet expansion plans, including the hiring, training, engagement of its employees along with succession plans for future growth.
Major goals for this role:
- increasing traffic
- customer engagement and quality of experience
- process improvement of the entire operation
- Quality, quantity, and wide variety of products
The President must be savvy about technological support. Experience with rolling out new retail systems is valuable. This is a highly competitive industry so staying on top of our competitors and keeping things running smoothly, being adaptable to change and meeting financial projections, will be measures of success in this role.
Qualifications and Education Desired:
- Must have 10 plus years’ experience in a leadership role for a multi-location, geographically dispersed hospitality, restaurant, or retail operation
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience directly running cannabis operations from all aspects
- Must have led at least 5 plus units with at least 3 or more employees in each unit
- Must adapt to fast paced entrepreneurial environments where flexibility, reliability and resourcefulness are key competencies required for success
- Strong People Leadership skills to manage, engage and lead employees to next level
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Strong understanding of PL Statements (bonus incentives will revolve around this)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills capable of presenting to group leaders in a meeting setting using analytical data software, preferably like Tableau or Domo; PowerPoint, Excel, and other presentation software
- Self-Directed with little supervision required
- Ability to navigate ambiguity
- Obsessive Customer Focus (Both Acquisition and Retention of Guests)
- Strong customer service background, for example in retail environments with sales goals attached to guest experiences
- o Ability to determine increase in budget when customer retention and/or acquisition ROI is imminent
· Strong Marketing Skills:
- ability to execute a marketing plan, visual merchandising experience can be helpful
- field marketing experience
- direct experience or managing an outsourced partner, on adobe acrobat or similar software if local signs or social media marketing is needed to boost or retain customers
· HR capabilities
- Ability to partner with HR; direct interviews, hire, train and terminate employees appropriately
- Raise the bar on quality of hire (ability to spend more dollars in the short term to increase Guest Awareness and Customer Care
- Training all employees and incenting them on customer retention and overall customer experiences
- Ability to adapt to all situations in the Field and Corporate settings, and relate to all level customer and employee from hourly to executive
- Must have access to reliable transportation and travel can be extensive within the state of IL. Some expansion outside of IL is expected. May be required to lift over 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time in a loud environment.
What we Offer our Full -Time Employees:
- Health Dental, Vision
- 401k with matching contribution
- Vacation Pay
- Bonus eligible and more
- Auto reimbursement or use of company car
- Hard working fun environment