Principal Application Architect at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
This is a technical leadership position within the Collections Value Stream. This individual fills the critical role of Value Stream Architect that drives technology roadmap and capability advancement for Collections Applications. In addition, this individual also mentors and guides other technical staff members on adoption of new tools (e.g CI/CD), new methodology (e.g. Test Driven Development) & new technology platform (Cloud Foundry).
- Define & refine target architecture for Collections Application platform, specifically Call Agent based applications
- Derives, challenges, and is able to comprehend and speak to detailed IT customer/application requirements.
- Works collaboratively to design, document, and request delivery of, multi-platform and multi-site/zone infrastructure environments.
- Create and maintain technology roadmap that enables our business
- Act as Product Owner for technical initiatives/features that drive technical capabilities forward
- Provide insights and guidance to Product Management group on initiative and feature complexity and impact assessment
- Set innovation goals for the value stream, and guide and mentor technical staff on adopting new technical capabilities to meet these goals.
- Manages multiple project engagements and priorities autonomously and in parallel.
- Proactively seeks out and works to solve/avoid technical issues before project timelines are impacted.
- Understands, communicates, and challenges standards and processes where appropriate.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology
- 4+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related experience, multiple technology areas
- In Lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related experience, multiple technology areas
• Extensive experience in application architecture and design
• Extensive experience in programming
• Proficient in architecting and designing cloud native applications.
• Proficient in CI/CD and pipeline automation
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
• Experience in financial service industry is a plus
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.