Principal Cybersecurity Corporate Analyst
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Cybersecurity Ambassador is an exciting new role that will be pivotal in developing results towards the goal of ensuring that all cybersecurity risks are prioritized, managed, and reported accurately and completely within the respective VP areas of responsibility. With this increased focus of managing cyber related risks, the benefit to the organization will be higher adherence to SLAs, improved planning / prioritization, and greater influence for continuously improving Cybersecurity Services processes.
Reporting into the VP organization with a dotted line relationship with Cybersecurity, the Cybersecurity Ambassador will be the central point of contact to manage the portfolio of cyber risks, drive collaboration from internal technical teams to develop action plans, and partner with BT Cybersecurity to report on how cyber risks are being addressed within the respective VP area.
This role requires high levels of collaboration and oversight, including the effective challenge of remediation action plans, documentation of control gaps (e.g., Security Exceptions, Issues and Actions), and timely executive status reporting of overall organizational performance of risk remediation, escalating to VP or BT Cybersecurity Ambassador Program Manager as necessary.
- Research root cause of vulnerability, risk and compliance items and determine ownership of remediation activities. Facilitate transfers of ownership and/or coordinate activities across BT areas to ensure successful remediation.
- Provide teams and management clear insights to the underlying risk and potential impacts related to all items.
- Builds an extensive and comprehensive list of requirements to automate the risk remediation assurance workflow, and oversees the platform design to certify the correct integration into the Service Now application.
- Manages Cybersecurity Issues and Action Plans in the Archer system and advises management on perceived control weaknesses.
- Gathers, reviews and challenges evidence and data for accuracy and completion to achieve risk mitigation and controls effectiveness. Validates resolutions are satisfactory and compiles and confirms the management corrective action plan evidence package for closure.
- Provides oversight to BT technical teams, and recommends effective remediation methodology to strengthen programs and ensure successful closures.
- Guides the implementation of the automated risk remediation assurance workflow in Service Now system for centralized tracking and reporting of all identified units of risk, and collaborates with BT management to remediate potential vulnerabilities.
- Works closely with management to define and promote the strategic direction of the department.
- Serves as the primary advisor, and leads meetings and presentations with the leadership, management, and multiple BT areas, Law and CRM to ensure the mitigation of the operational risk.
- Provides guidance to department leadership and senior management on a range of governance, regulatory, audit, risk management framework, procedures, controls, and compliance matters.
- Sets direction, organizes, and enables collaboration across cross-functional departments.
- Coaches and mentors other professional staff members.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 6+ years of experience in Information Security, IT, Computer Science, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, IT, Computer Science, or related field
- Strong project management skills, highly organized.
- Ability to maintain executive level reporting
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage problems independently.
- Willingness to develop security skills (Cybersecurity skills not essential but a willingness and desire to learn cybersecurity skills is a requirement)
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.