Principal Cybersecurity Data Analyst at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
We are seeking a Principal Cybersecurity Data analyst who will be in a Research oriented position for a data scientist with opportunity to identify and explore data. The Position develops data science ideas into analysis and report products.
Responsible for defining and implementing the cybersecurity data analytics roadmap. Creates and supports advanced analytics platforms. Provides guidance to data source teams about requirements and data quality. Partners and ensures collaboration among internal and external technical teams. Responsible for tracking and reporting progress, and escalating to management when necessary.
The position will ideally be located in our HQ office in Chicago land, but open to remote candidates as well.
- Analyze cyber security data to identify key issues, trends, and observations.
- Develop and maintain cyber security analytic processes to maintain organizational situational awareness.
- Develop methods to monitor and measure cyber security risks, security compliance and information assurance efforts.
- Coaches and mentors more junior staff members.
- Gathers reporting requirements from regulators, oversight teams, and management; provides feedback and recommendations.
- Ensures technical issues are resolved in a timely manner and engages additional technical or management resource for assistance.
- Collects cyber-related data and performs analytics to identify meaningful and actionable information.
- Oversees the design, implementation, and support of analytics and data visualization platforms.
- Provides support to department leadership for overall program management. Works closely with management to define and promote the strategic direction of the team. Prepares reports and presents materials on a variety of topics for all levels of management.
- Sets direction, organizes, and enables collaboration across cross-functional teams.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, IT, Computer Science, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Information Security, IT, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with data science automation, data mining, informatics programming, computational algorithms, information retrieval (i.e., organizing and structuring data), statistical analysis, software engineering, and/or systems design and analysis.
- Knowledge of programming principles/paradigms, various programming languages (R, Perl, C, Go, Python), scripting/query languages (such as SQL), algorithms, computer architecture, data structures and logic and computation.
- Knowledge of structured analysis principles and methods.
- Knowledge of cyber security, risk management and cyber-threat concepts.
- Good communication skills.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.