Quality & Food Safety (QFS) Technician
Location: 5370 South Cicero Avenue, Chicago, Illinois
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is only possible because of our team of people: techies, logistical geniuses, folks who lovingly curate the food among many others.
Our people are friendly and are gifted with grit and passion. That’s exemplified in our work environment where things are always shifting. Forget open-door policies; we have an open layout where you can hear and see everything that’s going on.
And just like our open layout, we value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on those characteristics, our business’ needs, and your qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind — in the hiring process or in the workplace.
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here: https://www.builtinchicago.org/company/farmers-fridge
About Quality & Food Safety (QFS) Technician job:
As the Quality & Food Safety (QFS) Technician, you will be responsible for promoting food safety culture within Farmer’s Fridge. You’ll make sure that production is ready to run and that it is producing quality food. There’s a lot to think about outside of production too: inspecting incoming materials, working with other teams to troubleshoot issues, and monitoring various temperatures (refrigerators, freezers, production room and distribution trucks). Our customers will have confidence in our high quality food because of your efforts!
- As the QFS Technician, you will conduct pre-op programs such as: ATP swabs and physical hazard controls etc.
- Perform our daily food safety checklist; run rule and GMP audit
- Execute quality programs including (but not limited to): weight control, WIP inspections and finished product testing
- Review all food safety documents/processes in real-time, and report any non-performance findings
- Perform calibration and EMP programs
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- Two (2+) years of work experience in Quality & Food Safety
- Bachelor’s Degree in food science/relevant field
- Working knowledge of cGMPs, SOPs, HACCP; PCQI
- Ability to work in 40०F production environment for a shift
- Detail Oriented. You notice and remember things that nobody else does. You review your work a couple times to make sure that it’s right.
- Caring. You feel a personal connection to your team and the mission of Farmer’s Fridge.
- Self-Starter. You’re eager to learn and passionate about fresh and healthy foods.
- Communication. You listen to or read instructions carefully. You ask clarifying questions. You can speak and write clearly.
- Organization. You’re the sort of person who likes order. Your space is always tidy and you love lists.
- Traditional Benefits for Full-Time Hourly. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Daily Farmer’s Fridge meal provided
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: