The Retention Specialist, as a key member on the Retention and Recovery team, is responsible for resolving business interruptions throughout the life-cycle of our restaurant client relationships. To be successful in this role, one must enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-volume, call center environment. The ideal candidate knows how to think strategically, has a strong work-ethic, is goal-oriented and a problem solver. It is essential to work effectively as part of a team, in collaboration with Sales, Contract Operations and Processing and look to resolve disputes professionally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle high-volume outbound/inbound telephone calls and emails.
- Organize all affected parties to execute problem resolutions.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive tracking notes on resolutions for all client accounts.
- Handle competing interests while resolving problems that maximize the return of the company’s investment.
- Quickly identify and resolve any client opposition.
- Maintain a high focus on achieving the targets established by management.
- Support the Sales Organization with pre/post sales inquiries
- Formal Education & Certification:
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Three year of collection experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel.
- Proficiency with computer skills working on multiple technology platforms in tandem
- Adaptability Skills
- The ability to adjust very quickly with little down time to meet the obligations of the company. For example, if a policy change occurs in the department, having the ability to understand the changes and how it impacts the department and your role specifically is very critical. Applying that knowledge to your daily tasks is very important to maintain continuity as we keep sales and management informed with the status of accounts.
- Analytical Skills
- The ability to solve both complex and uncomplicated problems by gathering and analyzing information to make decisions or find a solution to problems. For example, if we are unable to read a merchant’s processing and the merchant is insisting nothing has changed, having the ability to deduct and reason to determine what may be the cause for why we are not receiving data.
- Communication Skills
- The ability to articulate questions, answers, issues, and suggestions by clearing laying out accurate and relevant information in a detailed way where there is little room for ambiguity. For example, the ability to lay a foundation while providing the relevant details so that your communications comes together as a story: main topic, detail information, conclusion, and action if required.
- Interpersonal Skills
- The ability to build relationships and a rapport with management, peers, and sales team. Having an active voice, relating to others, providing suggestions, and being engaged daily is very important to the culture and spirit of the team.
- Organization Skills
- The ability to organize and prioritize tasks/duties to add the most value to the overall performance of the team in the most efficient way possible. For example, keeping your inventory organized in a way that your peers can follow behind your work and know exactly what is going on with the account by the accounts notes and how the accounts are statuses.
We connect diners to fantastic restaurant experiences by offering unique card-linked offers thanks to our ability to leverage advanced technology and powerful data analytics, while simultaneously providing value to our strategic partners' overall loyalty programs.
We work alongside our restaurant partners every day, sharing in the ebbs and flows of their business while helping them achieve their dreams. We provide marketing and financing that work with their business and are truly pay-for-performance. We help them increase revenue, traffic, and customer engagement. Importantly, our services do not require the merchant to discount or give away their products.
Even more, we enhance our partners' loyalty programs by offering a turn-key, scalable dining rewards program that is right for their business model and leverages their unique brand to help increase the value proposition for their customers.
Finally, we connect our millions of members to our participating restaurants, allowing them to earn the rewards they desire when dining out.
Rewards Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We encourage and strongly support workplace diversity.
Read Full Job Description