Retiree Concierge/Liasion at bswift
The Retiree Concierge is a subject matter expert on the Retirement process for a bswift client. The Retiree Concierge is a senior member of the broader service center delivery team for a designated client. He/she is responsible for the retiree experience and is primarily focused on engaging with employees who are considering retirement and are seeking guidance and/or answers to questions they might have related to the retiree process or possibly to managing their retiree benefits and company provided plans. Appointments will be scheduled; employees/retirees will not have direct contact information for this person.
Required in-depth knowledge of client health and welfare benefits, including available credits; basic knowledge of 401(k) and Pension options. Ideal candidate will be able to respond to majority of questions on:
- Health and welfare – available retiree options/eligibility and costs, understanding how direct billing or pension billing may be offset by Sick Leave or Retiree Premium credits. Benefits could be a mix of Retiree and COBRA; pre- and post-65 medical options. Medicare knowledge is preferred.
- 401(k) – basic options available and timeframe to make a decision. For more detailed inquiries, assist retiree with getting resolution, e.g., warm transfer to carrier.
- Pension – basic options and timeframe to make a decision and have paperwork completed. For more detailed inquiries, assist retiree with getting resolution, e.g., warm transfer to carrier.
- Basic knowledge of miscellaneous benefit items that might come up such a vacationing out, voluntary separation rules and CIP rules.
- General awareness of grandfathered plans across various operating companies
- Primary: Single point of contact for retirees to discuss 401(k), pension, and health and welfare benefits. Future retirees would schedule an appointment at least 30-45 days prior to retirement, with up to one follow-up appointment within 30 days post-retirement.
- Secondary: provide second-tier support to CSRs for retiree service center cases, and improve the service center call guide/FAQ
- Create and manage service center call-guide tools to improve overall representative knowledge and access to information
- Create and facilitate ongoing service center training around retirees, open enrollment, and other necessary topics
1. Engage with active employees and retirees to answer questions, solve issues, and provide guidance, timing, and requirements around Health and Welfare benefits related to the retirement process. 55%
2. Provide high level guidance related to pension and 401(k) benefits, as well as other related rules and benefits for those considering retirement (e.g., vacationing out and CIP (client specific) rules). 15%
3. Work as a subject matter expert with the bswift service center team. Work with client and bswift service team to create and update documentation and training to help educate the broader service center team. This includes monitoring trends of callers to determine continuous improvement of communication, approach, etc. 10%
4. Provide second-tier support for retiree cases and triage to resolution, e.g., find an answer and relay it to the service center or billing team. 10%
5. Work with internal leadership team and/or client to help draft retiree-focused communications when needs arise. This includes helping to monitor the client’s Retiree Facebook page, alert the client Benefits team to potential issues, and assist the Benefits team with responses. 10%.
2-3 years client service or account management experience. Bachelor's degree desired or equivalent work experience.
Additional Job Information
Essential Qualifications and Functions:
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with complex employee health & welfare benefits plans
- Knowledge of employee defined contribution and defined benefits plans
- Ability to explain concepts clearly and patiently
- Ability to build rapport with customers via phone and in writing
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience training peers