Risk Operations Associate/Senior Associate at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a company that underwrites and services loans, we work diligently to detect and prevent fraud, and we're looking for curious and driven professionals to join our Risk Operations team. As a Risk Operations Associate, you will play a meaningful role in identifying incoming fraud attacks, providing insight on fraud trends, and handling inquiries relating to our fraud decisioning systems.
What You'll Do
- Regularly review suspicious account activities, diagnose account issues, and identify links to deter fraud attacks
- Work collaboratively with our Customer Ops team to resolve incoming customer complaints
- Identify trends and provide insight on new fraud behavior and fraud methods
- Identity areas of opportunity to improve procedures, processes, and tools
- Influence development of new risk models and review procedures
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as necessary
What We Look For
- Passion and drive and dedication to change consumer banking for the better
- Willingness to support operation functions on weekends and public holidays
- 1-3+ years of queue based fraud investigation work. Level commensurate with experience.
- Experience with investigation tools such as: TLO, LexisNexis, Emailage, Ekata, Pipl, Etc.
- A keen eye for detecting and deterring fraud and risk
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- SQL/Snowflake experience is a plus
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.