Risk Operations Investigator (Fraud Investigations) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a company that underwrites and services loans, we are extremely attentive to fraud detection and prevention. As a Risk Operations Investigator, you will play a critical role in identifying incoming fraud attacks, providing insight on fraud trends, and handling inquiries relating to our fraud decisioning systems.
What You’ll Do
- Regularly review suspicious account activities, diagnose account issues, and identify fraud links to deter fraud attacks as part of our fraud incubation team
- Collaborate with Data Science, Engineering, Product, and Client Success to share fraud trends and provide insight on new fraud behaviors and fraud methods
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve procedures, processes, and tools
- Influence development of new risk models and review procedures to mitigate fraud for new Affirm products
- Contribute to key projects and initiatives as necessary
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- 1-3 years of experience in fraud investigations and/or fraud operations within the tech or fintech industry
- A keen eye for detecting and deterring fraud and risk
- Experience and knowledge of utilizing fraud investigative techniques and practices
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.