SAS Reporting Consultant
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
This role within Marketing Business Risk (MBR) is responsible for developing and maintaining exception reporting that monitors risk in key areas. The individual will be responsible for consulting with other business units, designing requirements for new initiatives with business partners to enhance monitoring, and present the work in several meetings. Examples of the reporting includes SOX controls, gamer behavior identification, and new product launches. This is largely an independent role with some oversight by management.
- Work independently with partners to gather requirements
- Code reporting according to specifications
- Work closely with partners in Business Technology (BT) to identify sources of data needed to meet requirements for exception reporting
- Review reports with partners for approval
- Work with teams to automate reporting on agreed upon frequency
- Regression/Negative testing
- Partner with other business units to share best practices
- Include reporting to cover new regulatory requirements
- Identify / evaluate new technologies to improve the efficiency and/or accuracy of reporting
- Consult with business partners as needed to research anomalies within reporting
- Present findings to senior management
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years programming experience (SAS, Teradata, Hadoop all required)
- 3+ years project management experience
- Experience with business process documentation standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Visio)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Abinitio preferred
- Experience with Tableau preferred
- Experience with Adobe Analytics preferred
See job description
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!