Security Services Manager
As part of the project’s management team, the Security Services Manager provides expertise and leadership to the Security Services team. Plans, builds and maintains the computer/network infrastructure that supports the day to day business operations of the project as it relates to the Access Control and Badging Systems. This position supports both hardware and software while also providing end user technical support and assistance.
The Security Services Manager is client facing and requires interaction with many different stakeholders. Serves both internal and external customers. This position reports to the Delivery Executive and has 4-5 direct reports.
The Security Services Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain hardware and software for Access Control System including network devices
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures
- Design, develop, test and implement new system software modules and enhancements to current systems
- Must stay current on technology and provide roadmaps and recommendations for device upgrades
- Design, develop, test, and implement diagnostic utilities to analyze and report system status and performance
- Monitor and evaluate overall system performance of operating system facilities, software products, computer services, and communications and networking facilities; specifies, installs and tests system components as required to enable system to meet desired performance objectives
- Attend client meetings
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software
- Work with other team members and teams to cooperatively resolve issues
- Meet documented service level agreements
- Create/update system or user documentation.
- Development of team members
- Train users and help desk personals on custom and packaged software.
- Follow IT development processes such as change management, configuration management, security compliances
- Interact with customers to solve problems quickly and effectively – desktop and user support
- Other relevant duties as required by the Delivery Executive
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or other technical program, or five (5) years’ experience managing security systems
- History of progressive advancement in job responsibilities
- Experience with Cisco switch configuration and troubleshooting
- Cisco certifications preferred
- Experienced in Database Administration
- SQL and/or Oracle experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Network Design, Implementation and Support, including wireless
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Demonstrated experience administering a high availability, enterprise system with excellent results
- Advanced usage of Microsoft Office Products
- Desire to constantly learn and use new technical skills
- Required to work on call and extra hours as needed
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must pass approval procedure for IDFPR PERC
- Must pass approval for airport badge
- Must pass approval for Custom and Border Protection airport access
- Must have valid driver’s license
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.