Senior Customer Support Representative at Morningstar
The Group: The Morningstar Investment Management group consists of our investment advice, consulting, and retirement-solutions businesses. Through our investment advisory subsidiaries, we use our expertise in asset allocation, manager research, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions for institutions, advisors, and their clients.
The Role: Morningstar’s Investment Management seeks a Senior Customer Support Representative to join its team to provide superior service to advisors and their clients. This role will interact extensively with advisors including new and existing advisors to provide a thorough understanding of Morningstar Managed Portfolios custodial processes and supporting operational procedures. The Senior Customer Support Representative works closely with their sales counterparts on advisor retention, issue resolution and continuous process improvement within their assigned territories while always promoting strong client advocacy. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Be accountable - Deliver excellent customer service by responding to all advisor and client inquires in a professional manner
• Handle the hard stuff – Take ownership and tackle complex and challenging issues to resolve the client needs
• Continuously learn – Gain a deep understanding of advisor’s financial practices and provide applicable best practices
• Think strategically - Demonstrate superior product, custodial and process knowledge, and consultative account management skills
• Offer white glove service – Provide the highest quality service to advisors and their clients by answering inbound calls, proactively reaching out to advisors regarding account updates and being the main point of contact while maintaining an “above and beyond” service aptitude
• Act as a team player - Interact with Morningstar’s operations analysts, project and product managers to address timely needs and/or issues in a prompt manner and work with custodians to ensure proper processing, follow through and resolution of client requests.
• Contribute to the Morningstar culture – as a Senior Client Service Representative answering client inquiries in a positive, fast paced and innovative setting while consistently maintaining professional call management etiquette
This role would be a good fit if you:
• Can collaborate and work well with other teams
• Are not afraid to point out potential improvements/improvement areas
• Can effectively manage multiple tasks/priorities
• Enjoy meeting deadlines
• Have a trustworthy team player attitude
• Can communicate effectively through the phone
• Are energized and enthusiastic about building relationships
• Possess a working knowledge of technology and be able to operate in an environment requiring immediate computer skills.
• Adhere to attendance and scheduling policies.
• A minimum of three years of customer service, educational training, or sales experience preferably within the financial services industry.
• Excellent time-management, prioritization, communication, and analytical skills.
• Previous experience in a heavy volume service environment (phone, email, internal communications) preferred.
• Understanding of financial markets and the asset management industry preferred.
• Broker Dealer or Custodial experience preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree is required.