Senior Director of Enterprise Architecture
This role is part of the OneIT global enterprise architecture team, and exists to be co-accountable for overall strategic enterprise application and infrastructure architecture direction for a given functional domain across all WBA divisions; developing the application and infrastructure vision and defining and setting the application and infrastructure strategy. The role is also responsible for developing the roadmap for execution against the strategy; developing / leading the application architecture governance processes.
At time of writing, the role will focus primarily on global platform architecture and will also support transformation activities in the Service Delivery & Infrastructure domain across WBA.
The role reports to the VP OneIT Enterprise Architecture.
Outcomes directed have a significant impact on the organization's short- and long-term results, specific customers and/or partners.
The incumbent will at all times represent the WBA ONE IT-vision and act in line with the vison of the global enterprise IT strategy.
- Collaborates with IT leadership in the design and development of the strategic direction and vision for IT and Enterprise Architecture.
- Develops and maintains the WBA enterprise architecture in alignment with the overall IT vision, supporting the strategic needs of the business.
- Creates and implements a high level roadmap to guide and shape the delivery of new IT assets and migration of existing assets towards the enterprise application architecture.
- Develops and establishes standards and polices for IT assets, and collaborates with business and IT teams to inventory and classify existing IT assets.
- Sponsors and directs architecture governance processes to enable Sr. IT leadership to direct investment towards strategically and financially appropriate activities.
- Collaborates across business unit IT functions to identify opportunities to leverage common solutions and extend the adoption of standards.
- Facilitates the communication of architecture best practices throughout the architecture community and the IT organization by participating in leadership forums, architecture councils.
- Performs as an idea generator, working with others as a thought leader and subject- matter expert to help brainstorm new processes and solutions. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Transfers knowledge and collaborates across functional lines and/or across departments. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for projects and activities and develops master operational plans. Plans, develops and manages departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Directs through directors and managers who mentor, coach and evaluate their responsive teams and develop employees through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Uses technology knowledge to anticipate and understand the implications of the latest technologies to communicate and evangelize them to appropriate audiences and to integrate these technologies appropriately into products and programs.
- Engages staff and peers in the WBA company vision, Champions our Customers (internal as well as external as appropriate), Drives for results setting high personal standards and demanding the same of others. Demonstrates courage and willingness to anticipate and drive positive change. Has a restless desire to innovate and go further. Sets an example to others through actively demonstrating and living the WBA Vision, Purpose and Values.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of IT experience at a senior level OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of IT experience at a senior level.
- Experience leading technology teams and setting technology direction.
- At least 7 years of experience working in Enterprise Architecture in a corporate, international environment.
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience with change management though process engineering and/or participating in or leading large-scale IT change / transformation programs
- Stakeholder management experience in a large matrix organization
- Experience managing teams across wide geographies
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- International experience having lived and/or worked in at least two countries
- Fluency in English with knowledge of at least one other European language
- Experience in Retail and/or pharmaceutical wholesale or healthcare