Senior Disaster Recovery Analyst at SDI Presence
SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
The Senior Disaster Recovery Analyst will provide leadership in coordinating, assessing, developing & communicating recovery environment requirements and contingency plans for core applications. The Senior Disaster Recovery Analyst will coordinate with the appropriate technology groups, resulting in recommendations to enable timely, effective decisions regarding hardware/software recovery planning.
This environment consists of VMWare, Windows Server, Linux and Solaris, private and lease fiber. With minimal supervision, this is expected to interact with application support groups for the purpose of planning, directing, controlling, and maintaining the Disaster Recovery program. A strong understanding of VMware, Clustering and Sun Zones is a necessary requirement.
- Manage and maintain detailed informational documentation supporting the overall DR plans, processes, and procedures
- Review existing plans to ensure they are complete, current, and all process steps are validated with the correct technical resources.
- Collaborate with the Client’s DR/BC resources on delivering DR plans, performing required testing, and monitoring to SLAs
- Working with mission-critical vendors to ensure the meeting of defined RPOs and RTOs
- Tracking and escalating any noted SLA, RPO, or RTO issues
- Coordinate with the application and operational teams on the creation and maintenance of “departmental” and regional DR plans
- Coordinate DR planning and testing activities including tabletop exercises and failover activities
- Work with the client’s BC resource to lead the recovery efforts during a BC or DR event
- At least five years of disaster recovery planning or program leadership experience
- 10+ years of IT experience (Demonstrated understanding of DR/BC program best practices as they apply to both a standard in-house network AND to an outsourced cloud model)
- Bachelor’s degree, MIS, or CIS preferred
- Experience developing, implementing and testing disaster recovery strategies
- Strong knowledge of VMware and how it can support DR
- Familiarity with the COOP planning tool
- Able to work with people in a team environment
- A professional certification related to disaster recovery (preferred)
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.