Senior IT Auditor at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Use operational and technical skills to support DFS Internal Audit Department objectives.
- Following DFS Internal Audit methodology, perform audit reviews, interview clients, create process flows and narratives, review business processes, identify and assess controls, test key controls, develop findings and communicate with clients to develop and follow up on action plans.
- The audits and special reviews will be of the Direct Banking (Marketing, Operations, Consumer Banking and Credit Risk Management), Human Resources, Finance, Corporate Risk Management, Payment Services, IT General Controls, IT Network and Infrastructure, Models, Corporate Support, with an objective to improve controls and efficiencies of the activities reviewed.
How You’ll Do It
With minimal oversight from the Lead and Supervisor:
- Build and maintain strong client relationships by demonstrating knowledge of the client’s business environment, and provide audit insight on the company’s strategic initiatives.
- Complete assigned audits/audit tasks using department tools pursuant to department guidelines and within established timetables, with high-quality results. Discusses findings and solutions with client and audit lead.
- Educate audit staff to identify and assess risks, design controls, and implement audit methodology.
- Continue to develop your skill set by meeting required training and obtaining advanced degrees and/or certification pursuant to department guidelines.
- Develop detailed risk assessments and identify and assess controls against best practices.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in applied sciences, engineering, operations, accounting, finance, business, computer science, data science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in applied sciences, engineering, operations, accounting, finance, business, computer science, data science, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Experience with applicable regulatory standards
- 1+ years of experience Leading public accounting or consulting firm, highly regulated environment, payment network and related technology services, or related field
- Business, Six Sigma, Risk, STEM, or related certifications
- Experience in financial services, banking or public accounting preferred
- Professional certification, such as CIA, CAMS, CPA, CISA, or other relevant certification (can be in the process of achieving certification)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.