Senior Network Engineer
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Network Infrastructure team works closely with trading desks and software engineers. They are the subject matter experts in the networking domain. They create tools using Python and automate tasks to streamline our environment. They are passionate about providing innovative solutions to our dynamic business.
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will have an opportunity to tout your extensive skills and abilities while helping solve complex network issues. You will be able to flex your network knowledge with in depth packet and protocol analysis. You will design and build new networks, create tools using Python, and support cutting edge trading industry networks. You will have a strong drive to learn and improve every year. You likely have a CCIE. You will harness your creative side for new technologies, documentation, improving operational efficiency and reducing operational risk. When it comes to new tech, you will research and evaluate new solutions using custom and commercial testing tools.
You will be right at home if you:
- Are a seasoned engineer, ideally with a CCIE, who has deep design, implementation and support experience
- Have a relentless tenacity for solving complex technical problems when others would have long ago waived a white flag
- Have a virtual tool belt of proven knowledge that encompasses many of the following areas: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, Security
- You have experience with site to sites VPNs and firewalls
- Ok with some on-call, night and weekend work and not afraid to get your hands dirty (don’t worry, we believe in planning these things to maintain balance across the team)
- Are passionate about high-quality work and relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
- Are good with people; able to explain complex problems in a non-techie way for others to understand, both in writing and verbally
- Want to be part of a great team. You enjoy sharing ideas, collaborating on projects, and having fun while doing it!
What you’ll be working on:
- Collaborating with internal groups to gather requirements, propose designs, implement solutions and support our global environment
- Using cutting edge networking equipment including Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and VPN concentrators
- Applying Python to networking in order to build tools and automate (we like automation!)
- Improving our support tools and processes to enhance our monitoring and automation efforts
- Helping to lead networking projects using a team-oriented approach