Senior Storage Administrator
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining storage solutions meeting application technical, regulatory, and risk requirements. Core competencies include, but are not limited to, SAN fabric/switches, block storage arrays, Network Attached Storage (NAS), object-based storage, data protection, storage virtualization, and scripting/automation. Implements storage technologies and maintains resilient support for next-generation storage systems to solve business challenges.
- Ensures that storage solution designs are implemented as required. Implements storage capabilities using the appropriate methodologies and are consistent with organization-level storage architecture.
- Provides subject matter expertise across single storage technologies. Assists with project implementation to ensure successful solution delivery.
- Assists in the integration of new storage solutions. Applies service-oriented storage architecture principles to meet the organization’s security, risk, and availability requirements. Makes recommendations that enable expeditious remediation to escalated incidents. Provide Level 2 support for the storage platforms.
- Reviews and follows storage technology roadmaps. Implements storage solutions following designs for compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements. Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers, internal business partners, and external vendors. Follows the storage integration methodologies to be in compliance with controls and standards.
- Reviews and reports storage system metrics to ensure capacity and availability. Documents current environment and updates SOPs for first- and second-level support teams.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Associate’s Degree
- 1+ years of experience in Storage Administration, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC) and Spectrum Control (SC)
Brocade SAN switches
Connectrix Manager Converged Network Edition (CMCNE)
Symantec NetBackup appliances
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.