Senior Strategic Account Manager
JELLYVISION NEEDS AN AMAZING SENIOR STRATEGIC ACCOUNT MANAGER
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams, (except for the part right before we woke up where our mom was riding a giraffe), which is why we need talented folks like you to help us help ALEX take over the world…er…continue to grow and succeed.
THAT'S LOVELY, BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
Jellyvision is looking to capitalize on the momentum that comes with disrupting an industry ripe for change and a big part of that is growing a team of Account Managers, who are charged with delighting and growing current ALEX® accounts. In particular, we're looking to expand our cohort of Senior Strategic Account Managers, who work with our upper echelon of Fortune 500 customers. (It's a pretty amazing roster!)
The team’s goal is to:
- Help clients be successful in their use of ALEX®
- Sell clients other ALEX® products and services that solve their problems
- Leverage strong client relationships for marketing
- Uncover deep client insights and communicate them to the broader Jellyvision team (these are often the genesis of the next Jellyvision product)
- Oh...and be super fun and charming along the way
The role involves a lot of client interaction (duh), a key focus on account growth and sales, and the ability to develop and maximize a close working relationship with the Insights analyst team (which is managed under the same VP). We’re a curious, goofy (but in a cool way), hard-working bunch who really like each other. It makes for a fun work day.
SO WHAT WILL I BE DOING ON THIS ALL-STAR TEAM?
A successful Senior Strategic Account Manager will:
- Create strategic relationships with complex, high-value clients (often with other partners and vendors at play) in a way that challenges the status-quo and pushes the boundaries of their current communication efforts
- Actively sell the client on Jellyvision’s new technologies and products – executing an experienced sales process complete with pre-research, consultative question asking, pitches, and follow-ups
- Support Fortune 500 client accounts through the sale of custom services, working with our project management and services team to appropriately scope and execute the project
- Answer client questions (via phone and email) with a deft mix of charm and hard-core competence
- Travel occasionally to visit clients onsite
WHAT KIND OF EXPERIENCE SHOULD YOU HAVE?
We’re looking for awesome, highly experienced account managers, super comfortable with selling large corporate accounts and working with sales quotas. You should be well-versed in talking to clients at all levels of the organization, speaking as an expert in your field, and creatively coming up with strategies to drive their business.
Bonus points if you’ve worked specifically with HR/Corporate Communications accounts or in the SAAS industry.
SO...WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
In a nutshell, we’re looking for people who are:
- Experienced. 5+ Years of experience managing accounts and/or a book of business
- Strategic. Dot-connection is just the beginning. Our top-tier of customers expect their account manager to navigate the trickiness of their needs, the various partners at play, and the nuance of their business. You're not going to be given the answers – you've got to develop them.
- Excitable. This role is about championing the client and chasing the win. You should be a person who gets excited with the “a-ha” moment, excited by the sale, and excited by Jellyvision’s product and place in the market.
- Exceptionally bright. You’ll have to do great research to be the expert on your client accounts and the issues in the industry – a lot of this involves creative problem solving and crafty communication.
- Curious. In this role, you have to be inquisitive and energetic. You’re going to have to take a consultative approach to sales, being insightful and endlessly seeking out the real problems your clients are facing. Know-it alls need not apply.
- Insightful. All that great client knowledge and question asking? You’re going to have to use it wisely to make the right connections between your clients’ needs, Jellyvision’s products, and their overall Jellyvision experience.
- Discerning. This role walks the fuzzy line connecting customer relationship management and sales. You’re going to have to know when to try to make the sale, and when to hold off because it’s not the right solution for your client.
- Genuine. No one likes a phony. Jellyvision people really care, are really interested, and really want to help people. Don’t be afraid to be you.
- Driven and motivated. This is a role where you’ll be encouraged to do great work by everyone around you, and you need to be up for the challenge. Our amazing team will help make sure you have the tools to ace the job, but ultimately your success will be determined by your hard work and dedication.
- Confident, not cocky. At the end of the day, we’re a humble crew. You’ve got to have personality (wit and Jellyvision charm) inserted into all of your client communications, but still have the gravitas to close a sale with the big-wigs.
ANYTHING ELSE? Yes. We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Charitable match and events. Like giving back? Like eating dips/baked goods and listening to music? JV matches up to $100 per employee to a single charitable organization once every calendar year! We also find fun ways to give back as a community to a variety of organizations that are important to us, by putting on charitable events such as bake sales, dip fests, battle of the bands, where all the money collected by our people goes to the organization that is being promoted! Giving back is important to us, so why not do it in a way where we can eat goodies?
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation and lots of love for folks who bike to work. We’re really close to the North/Clybourn red line stop and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have bike storage, showers and lockers in the office. And for those without their own bike in the city, we offer free divvy memberships – complete with Jellyvision bike helmets you can borrow from the office.
- Did we mention our yoga and meditation classes? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the Renew 2 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair by Brookstone®. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!