Service Reliability Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Service Reliability Engineer role will be responsible for the day to day delivery of Enterprise Payments Platform systems supporting Discover, PULSE and Diners Club network lines of business. They are responsible for production and benchmark platform performance reporting and engagement with application teams.
They are subject matter experts on the operation of the core systems supporting the service, and have a strong understanding with work experience in cloud based and virtual system infrastructure and peripheral services including network, firewall, and database management. They work closely with both application development teams and operations teams to deliver best in class services to DFS end customers.
Our Payments Application Performance Services team typically involves the engagement of resources across multiple business and technical units, so a broad business/technical engagement background is highly desired.
Enterprise Payments Platform Application Performance Reporting
- Produce Data Platform Monthly Performance Report by the 3 rd week of each month
- Monthly Platform Performance review with App ownership team
- Create Performance and Benchmark Test reports
- Monthly (or as needed) Benchmark Test results review
- Maintain and enhance ongoing statistical data collection and archiving
- Provision AppD agents and extensions for Data, Disputes, Reporting and Settlement applications
- Update AppD application and tier names to new standard
- Develop and enhance AppD dashboards for EPP, DFTP and DDX applications
- Collect and validate AppD metrics for Production and Benchmark performance reporting
- Develop and configure AppD health rules for threshold alerting and Service Now ticket generation
- Develop business transaction/information points for use by Development and Systems teams
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Administration
- Develop processes and procedures to manage PCF User, Space and Quota resources for Payment Services Org
- Develop and communicate Pymtsrv-org capacity views with App teams
- Develop new Jenkins report to report on Space Services Used
- Support PCF space user access move from manual to IDM
- Monitor and optimize space usage to minimize costs associated to pymtsrv-org PCF cost bill back
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer and Information Science, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in technology (Either Systems/Architecture or Infrastructure Services/Support)
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience developing and documenting solutions, processes and issues (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel) and be able to present and facilitate technical discussions
- Solid communications skills to work with our business users and internal BT support teams
- Familiarity with AppDynamics or other application performance management systems
- Familiarity with Cloud based solutions (Cloud Foundry, AWS)
- Skilled in creating Tableau dashboards
- Ability to perform trend analysis of system logs, application logs, history reports, audits, performance management data, etc. to identify performance issues and drive improvements to ensure optimal performance
- Ability to work on and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Skilled in task automation, continuous integration and delivery (test automation, release management, DevOps)
- Understand the concepts of Continuous Delivery and Lean/Agile
- Have working knowledge Linux/UNIX and write bash/shell scripts
- Experience working with Chef, Jenkins, Gradle, Nexus, Git, and SonarQube
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Proven ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strength in adapting to a highly dynamic environment of change is needed
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!