SMB Account Manager
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on The Muse | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
SMB ACCOUNT MANAGER
Our Account/Relationship Managers are beholden to one person and one alone: our customers. Account Managers create meaningful experiences with our clients and find ways to be perpetually one step ahead of their needs. They deliver the optimal merchant experience by providing guidance and insight into payments, processing, and products.
This requires a dynamic individual with impeccable written and verbal communication skills, a track record of successful project execution, and an unnatural love for analyzing data and solving problems - all while being consultative and entrepreneurial in approach.
Your day will vary depending on requests, as you’ll be on the frontline servicing our merchants via phone and email. This role is responsible for servicing our small-medium business merchant base, supporting our merchants as they grow by answering inbound emails and calls.
Being that the goal is to provide an optimal merchant experience, this role is not commission based.
- Respond to incoming merchant emails, fully answering merchant questions, including anticipating additional needs
- Proactively reach out to merchants regarding processing trends including decline optimization, fraud solutions, and interchange optimization
- Educate merchants on new products and features including PayPal products, Account Updater, Fraud Tools, Hosted Fields, New Billing Agreements, etc.
- Assist merchants with reconciliation, using Braintree’s reporting tools to understand payout calculations
- Discuss options for clients’ international expansion, whether through multi-currency accounts or local account setups
- Work with merchants and our finance team to ensure pricing is advantageous to both the merchant and Braintree/PayPal
- Collaborate with other internal teams to solve any issues we’ve never encountered before
- Exceptional organizational skills: At any given time, you’ll be juggling multiple time-sensitive inquiries and working on longer-term projects.
- Analytical: Works comfortably on data analysis, often pulling raw data from various enterprise-level systems. Proficiency with Excel required.
- A quick learner: A curious person who will learn through formal training and situational environments but also develop their own deep understanding of how things get done.
- Positive attitude: Someone who thrives in team environments and doesn’t feel like any task is “below them.”
- Phenomenal communication skills: You take time to craft the best response possible because you know efficient and effective client communication is critical to our merchants’ success (you’re also someone who feels physical pain upon seeing misuse of your/you’re). But when the phone rings and there’s no time to edit a draft, you can speak crisply on complex subjects.
- Awesomeness: Former co-workers would gush about your creativity, resourcefulness, and professionalism.
- Customer Service: You can tell us the stories about how you turned an angry customer into one that loved you again.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.