We are currently seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator to join our team as a full- time employee. The role includes documentation, control, security, installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring, maintenance, improving database performance, capacity planning of SQL databases in the company. The candidate will be expected to work closely with management and other teams within the company throughout the development process and application lifecycle of both internally developed and vendor supported applications.
- Coordinates and provides guidance in the analysis, design, development, installation, implementation, testing, maintenance and administration of SQL Server database systems in response to user requests and requirements.
- Performs database installation and configuration, tuning, capacity planning, health checks, backups & recovery and change management according to documented standards
- Ensures SQL Server database availability, accuracy, consistency and overall functionality.
- Ensures database security controls meet internal and external audit and compliance requirements.
- Troubleshoots issues with database instances, DR, replication and backups and eliminates root causes thru systematic problem management practices
- Provides guidance on best practices and standards and supports the project teams with database related activities throughout the software development lifecycle
- Participates in the creation of technical and non-technical documentation to ensure consistency in development.
- Participates on a 24x7 on-call roster providing production database troubleshooting support.
- Helps mentor and guides less experienced SQL server DBAs
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.