Sr Customer Support Technician I at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewCentralized Managed and Support Operations (CMSO) is a group that delivers software solutions to the public safety sector. Our group is committed to providing the technology, knowledge, and tools that will allow our customers to focus on their mission critical goals and responsibilities. We provide support for ground breaking products and solutions that enable public safety entities to respond more quickly and safely to emergent situations. CMSO helps deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings. CMSO is a fast-paced environment that seeks motivated and professional individuals willing to work towards our goals as an organization
The Customer Support Technician role posted will be responsible for various customer supporting functions and products including Records Management, and Command Central Systems.
Role may be development and entry level in nature as it relates to Command Central Records duties. Opportunity available to grow this role and become an SME where possible with new Cloud technology and associated new services.
Primary duties will include working within a ticketing system to handle customer issues, functionally escalated from the Front Office Support and Onsite Admin groups. New documentation and development of new processes will be a function of the role.
Position requirements may require strict background checks within our customer requirements - in order to gain remote access to these highly sensitive customer systems. The candidate must have excellent technical and interpersonal communication skills.
Other duties to include
- Delivers remote (e.g., telephone, online) post-sale troubleshooting and diagnostic support services to ensure that all products and services function properly | Resolves technical support inquiries directly or indirectly through on-site and/or remote first-level support representatives
- Install, configure, and support Motorola Solutions software
- Install and configure required 3rd party software packages
- Answer customer questions on application usage and administration
- Create and update technical documentation
- Log information into internal case tracking systems
- Validate, troubleshoot, and characterize reported application issues
- Account management with our customer
- Experience in the Information Technology field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of technical support centers
- Ability to work individually and within a team
- Ability and willingness to build upon existing skill sets
Minimum of a high school diploma and 3+ years experience working in customer support or tech support environment
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.