Title: Sr. Informatica Administrator
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL – Chicago, IL – Janesville, WI
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
The Sr. Informatica Administrator will work closely with the developers, business owners, and other stakeholders at Zoro. This person will be responsible for supporting and monitoring all operational aspects of Zoro’s product information management (PIM) platform. With Zoro currently selling 4.5+ millions SKU’s - and aspirations to offer 20+ million SKU’s for sale - this role is key to successful execution of our business strategy. The Sr. Informatica Administrator will work with internal teams and external partners to define scope and work plans for software maintenance, enhancements, and customizations. He/she will also support the technical and strategic Informatica/PIM relationships across the business. Reporting directly to the Sr. Manager, Site Reliability Engineering, he/she will play a pivotal role in the effective execution of Informatica operational functions across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert operational & technical support for all aspects of Informatica P360 and Active VOS platform
- Monitor & baseline the health of Informatica capabilities and remediate when capabilities become unhealthy
- Manage the Informatica technical support relationship
- Mentor, train and develop Informatica Administrators
- Lead change management in the production Informatica environment including scheduling, testing, and deployment of changes
- Develop, document, and implement policies and procedures to ensure data integrity, changes protocols, customization, and usage
- Provide quality and timely communication regarding system status
- Audit Informatica configuration, customizations and workflows for best practices
- Define, implement and maintain regression testing best practices for Informatica product upgrades
- Define user roles and user access management best practices for the Informatica platform, and operationalize those practices with the. End User Support (EUS) team.
- Document policies and procedures related to Informatica use
- Quickly identify, triage and resolve Informatica system issues, collaborating with internal and external support teams as needed
- Contribute to the development of long term goals and strategies related to Informatica services, functionality and capabilities in support of business’ strategic objectives
- Participate in the SRE on-call rotation
- 7-10 years of Informatica experience in a high volume SKU retail environment
- Experience in an eCommerce environment strongly preferred
- Experience in a multi-supplier environment strongly preferred
- AWS experience strongly preferred
- Experience with SAP a plus (but not required)
- Technical expertise as demonstrated through the successful management and completion of a wide variety of technical initiatives.
- Must be an collaborative, articulate and persuasive team member who can effectively work with leadership team and who is able to communicate concepts to a broad range of business and technical staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Information Systems, Computer Science, or System Engineering is preferred
- Experience with Informatica P360 and Active VOS
- Reasonable knowledge of current cloud & software technologies and uses
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.