Sr. Manager Commercial Payments Infrastructure at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Sr Mgr, Commercial Payments Infrastructure and Support is responsible for managing a team that leads the development of Discover’s Commercial Payments Network infrastructure systems, client interfaces and operational support functions.
The ideal candidate can work out of New Albany, OH, Riverwoods, IL or Phoenix, AZ
- Translates product and business goals into business requirements and directs the team in developing solutions that result in positive customer experiences with a limit on manual support processes.
- Manages a team including hire, performance, coaching, and development decisions.
- Collaborates with portfolio and program management to ensure delivery against prioritized roadmap initiatives.
- Communicates project issues and achievements to the program stakeholders and initiates actions to resolve challenges and market successes.
- Ensure Plans are developed, implemented and executed according to the appropriate program delivery schedule.
- Analyzes and develops requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, and system interfaces. Understands controls and how to develop within process procedures.
- Drives and communicates multiple product visions and road-maps and directs the team in developing complex technical solutions to meet customer needs.
- Adjusts to changing market, customer and/or organizational needs, working closely with both business and technology
- Responsible for managing a team Subject matter experts responsible for the development of complex payments platforms or products.
- Drive solutioning efforts to mitigate issues/risks. Effective communication to a Senior leadership level audience
- Analyzes and develops requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, and system interfaces.
- Plans, implements, and executes projects aligning to the appropriate release cycles.
- Communicates project issues and achievements to the business and management.
- Manages a team including hiring, performance, coaching, and development decisions.
- Translates business goals of projects and directs the team in developing solutions that result in positive customer experiences.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Networking or IT, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Networking, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of Networking, IT, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Payments Industry experience (knowledge of Discover Network processes/systems a plus)
- People leadership and project management experience
- Successful execution of business/product enhancements utilizing Agile delivery
- Outstanding consultative, critical thinking and analytical skills with ability to operate strategically and build effective partnerships across multiple stakeholder groups
- Ability to drive and influence cross functional collaboration, problem solving, and decision making
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills required with internal and external partners.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.