Sr Manager, Customer Support at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Our team: Growth-oriented, global, and focused on our customers
The ServiceNow Customer Support Communications team is on a rocket ship of growth, and with that growth comes the need to ensure that our organization, processes, and tools are positioned for success. ServiceNow’s end customers rely on communications sent by our team for important updates about their environments, including patching, upgrade, and maintenance notifications. We are passionate about the customer experience and how to leverage thought leadership, innovation, and technology to make the world of work better for our customers and ServiceNow.
The Support Communications Manager will be instrumental to the growth and a valuable, visible member of the team. You will lead a communication team to deliver Communication Execution Services: Monitor & Resolution, ReachOut Management, and Exception Management for many maintenance efforts at a given time. You will partner with the global groups in APJ, EMEA, India and AMS to continually innovate our support for these services and measure the effectiveness of these large-scale initiatives.
The Support Communications team as a whole supports ServiceNow’s vision of ensuring our external customers have a delightful experience when interacting with all groups and websites at ServiceNow. We are laser focused on that end customer experience, while having a little fun along the way. Come join us!
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage a team of communication support agents to support proactive engagement with customers related to planned maintenance activities including work allocations and performance management of team members. This role will manage a team across multiple support sites in US (Orlando, Santa Clara, San Diego).
- Lead and build an effective and highly functioning team; this includes hiring, measuring performance, coaching and resource management.
- Mentor and train a team to support maintenance projects for ServiceNow Customers. This requires good understanding of underlying ServiceNow platform and collaboration skills working with engineering and security teams.
- Working with customers to provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support on maintenance efforts related to ServiceNow platform.
- Help design an effective, long-term communications strategy to engage with multiple audiences across a variety of mediums and channels.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to interface effectively with cross-functional teams, senior-level business executives and Customers.
- Drive as senior program manager and a key SME in the development of projects for customer maintenance and experience.
- Support key customer-facing initiatives while driving resolution of problems, change in strategic direction, optimization of operational effectiveness, communication, compliance, quality, systems rollout and education/training coordination.
- Represent the customer voice, Customer Experience, within customer related programs & efforts
Education, Experience, and Skill Required
This position requires passing a ServiceNow background screening, USFedPASS (US Federal Personnel Authorization Screening Standards). This includes a credit check, criminal/misdemeanor check and taking a drug test. Any employment is contingent upon passing the screening. Due to Federal requirements, only US citizens, US naturalized citizens or US Permanent Residents, holding a green card, will be considered.
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline or minimum 10+ years of technology experience, including technical support, engineering, or professional services.
- Experience with the ServiceNow platform or another cloud-based platform-Nice to Have
- Experience working in Technical Enterprise Customer Support environments and/or ITIL.
- Ability to support or manage and implement project tasks/projects. Ability to influence and leverage behavior for benefit of the project.
- Ability to set clear direction by defining goals and priorities and evaluate/support the business needs.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communications are a strong requirement.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, assimilates and implements new information rapidly and thinks strategically as well as tactically.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction and support service.
Key Attributes of the Job
- Strong experience in people management is desired - ability to hire competent performing people, taking responsibility for decisions and actions, manage functional responsibility and directs the work of others, and challenges employees to take responsibility for their performance / development.
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills. Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, group facilitation, and influence.
- Must have worked in a Customer Support environment with subject matter expertise in support operations.
- Must be able to quickly pick up tools, systems, processes within customer support.
- Has demonstrated experience in leading key projects, including leading strategic customer support programs. This includes leadership from program start to successful rollout.
- Demonstrates specific service and operational skills necessary to achieve established and stretch business goals.
- Must be able to demonstrate thought leadership including developing and managing presentations.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple efforts based on needs of the business – resource planning and resource management.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.