Join the team working on the largest initiative in the history of our company, Pharmacy Renewal. This initiative seeks to design and build the largest, most advanced pharmacy infrastructure in the world from the ground up. Empowered to operate as an innovation center, this initiative represents one of Walgreens most important programs at global, national and local levels. US, UK, Poland, Argentina and Italy based teams will be leveraging the most advanced and exciting technologies to build on Walgreens parent company, Walgreens Boots Alliance strategic vision to service the 13,100 plus pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retails stores
This cutting edge opportunity lets you create and lead the strategic Quality Assurance roadmap to achieve operational business and strategy goals. In this leadership role, you own management, development and deployment of test plans and resources in support of the Pharmacy Renewal strategy. You and your team create the test strategy and manage the development of innovative approaches, processes, products and services that support Retail Renewal. You and your team will ensure that test automation is leveraged to optimize the delivery of efficient quality processes. Drives business results and strategies through the effective management of resources, plans, policies, and processes.
Utilizes technical and industry experience to formulate technology strategies. Evaluates and adjusts strategies to respond to competition. Ensures customer needs and requirements are represented.
Outcomes managed have a moderate impact on the short - and mid-term goals of the specified area of responsibility. Outcomes managed have a moderate impact on the short - and mid-term goals of the specified.
- Manages efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives for the specified area of responsibility. Leads the specified area of responsibility to ensure performance standards are conducive to company standards and all goals and objectives are met in a timely and organized fashion.
- Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the group. Anticipates process-centric, people-centric, and operations-centric ideas, issues and opportunities to move the business forward.
- Oversees the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools. Defines and implements consistent key IT key performance indicators in order to enhance the operational focus of the IT department.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes. Manages problems and issues pro-actively, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Identifies and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating.
- May develop budget for functional area. Manages budget to plan and is responsible for meeting/delivering against budgetary goals and objectives.
- Researches and recommends new and emerging technologies and services within set budget that will enhance Company's overall business performance.
- Makes recommendations for specified area of responsibility regarding the operating plans for specified area of responsibility, then, based on prevailing conditions may realign the daily operations of assigned area.
- Influences individuals within and outside the IT department. Prepares and presents reports to all levels of leadership and staff.
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. Develops and leverages partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Oversees and manages managers, supervisors and individual contributors. Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of Information Technology experience OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 10 years of Information Technology experience
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience implementing CM best practices for an agile development environment
- At least 5 years of experience working in quality assurance, developing test plans and scripts.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 3 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- 12 Years or more IT experience, 6+ years of management experience.
- 3+ years of Enterprise or Global product implementation.
- Strong Technical skills in application development, solution design, product configuration and customization.
- 3+ years in application development or Implementation experience in Cloud, Java spring, software AG, ESB, Talend, ETL, Kafka, Cassandra, Microsvc development.
- 3+ years of Agile development experience. Knowing JIRA or Confluence is a plus.
- Experience and confidence in communication with executives and senior management.
- 5+ years in managing complex enterprise stakeholders and customer experience.
- Excellent program management skills in managing outcomes, schedule, budget and multi-location cross functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics
- Master's degree OR MBA