We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies like Lyft, REI, Sonos, and IDEO use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team in our Chicago HQ, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Support Lead to join our Customer Success team and build out a dedicated technical support function. Over the past 5 years, dscout’s Customer Success Team has built a reputation as trusted collaborators and dscout platform experts. As our company continues to grow and mature, we are enhancing our level of service and commitment to technical expertise by developing a team of specialized Support Associates. This new team will work in close collaboration with the Research Advisors on dscout’s Customer Success team. With Research Advisors delivering methodological expertise and Support Associates delivering technical knowledge and support - our solutions oriented dream team will ensure dscout customers have the best possible experience.
If you’re a leader that thinks strategically but won’t hesitate to get your hands dirty and execute, this is the role for you. This is an opportunity to lead the strategic planning and development of a support team from the ground up, working closely with the Customer Success, Product and Engineering teams. As this support team grows, this will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on operational planning, people management and process improvement. If you’re a demonstrated leader looking to take your Customer Support career to the next level, apply now!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Hire, lead and motivate a high performing team to deliver the best platform support to dscout researchers and scouts (research participants)
- Lead the strategic planning and development of a new support team and act as a subject-matter expert on support best practices, channels, metrics and tools
- Work cross-functionally to ensure your team is delivering exceptional customer support and meeting service level agreements with customers
- Act as an advocate by sharing client feedback internally to continuously improve dscout’s product offerings
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of platform support materials and educational resources
- Develop and measure support metrics, identifying trends in team performance as well as overall trends in support demand
What You'll Need (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a fast-paced customer support environment
- Close knowledge of how to develop a support function from scratch, ideally in a SaaS organization
- Experience optimizing multiple support channels (ideally phone, email and chat)
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through difficult situations
- Ability to balance optimistic leadership with a passion for continuous improvement
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Naturally able to strike a balance between friendly and professional in written communications
- Hand-working, goal-oriented, and intrinsically motivated with an affinity for problem solving and creative thinking
- Curious and empathetic to others’ needs and circumstances
- Flexibility and willingness to occasionally check in during off-hours and some holidays
- Genuinely interested in research and technology: you're technically curious, you enjoy learning about new products, and you are fascinated about how things work
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening, and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful River North workspace, in the heart of lots of places to eat, drink, and play.
- Plenty of snacks, drinks, and caffeine to keep you powered throughout the day, and a weekly happy hour to relax with the team.