We are looking for a qualified leader to join our Support Product Specialist team as an SPS Manager. As an SPS Manager, you will coordinate the day-to-day operations of our SPS team, helping build up our Support team’s most senior talent, and encouraging a culture of high-quality work that benefits our Support, PM, and Engineering teams. An average work week might consist of attending our weekly meetings with PM and Engineering, facilitating 1:1s with SPS members, providing feedback and mentor on the work of our SPS members, and communicating our Support, Engineering, and PM teams with Support data trends to continue building a culture of product quality and Support-driven product development.Responsibilities
- Lead the SPS team: facilitate SPS meetings, prioritize incoming project work, provide empathetic and growth-oriented feedback for SPS members, and identify new areas for investment as part of our OKR planning and review cycles
- Develop and grow the SPS team: hold weekly 1:1s with SPS members, review and supervise critical metrics for the team, survey and elevate the SPS team’s critical feedback, build training opportunities for team members
- Present high-quality, data-driven insights (from our Support, SPS, and Escalations case data) to our Support, Engineering, and PM leadership teams to further a culture of product quality and supportability
- Identify improvement opportunities and areas to: reduce our Support case volume, reduce our mule volume, reduce customer effort, and improve the lives of our network support engineer team
- Promote a team culture of thoughtful critique and radically candid feedback
- Actively seek, identify, and assist with onboarding talent into SPS
On the Support Product Specialists team, we strongly value your continued professional development! We encourage you to spend 20% of your time:
- Acquiring certifications and learning programming languages
- Performing in-depth exploration of Meraki products
- Attending industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Exploring new tools and advancements in the field of computer networking
- You have at least two years experience managing a team of network or software engineers
- You have hands-on experience identifying and writing bug reports for networking technologies
- You have experience working with bug tracking / reporting software, such as JIRA or Salesforce
- You have acquired or are seeking “professional” level networking certification such as CCNP, CCIE, CWAP, CWNE, etc.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.