WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands including Priceline, Sprint, RVA Media Group, and The Basement agency.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). This position and all of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting into the EVP Media Services & Operations, the leader in this role is a seasoned strategic and innovative thinker with a broad understanding of digital and traditional media that can apply emerging trends, with audience data and analytics, to create solutions that solve business problems. The person in this role will lead a Center of Excellence focused on subject matter expertise in the areas of omnichannel strategy, consumer knowledge/understanding, and the translation of brand marketing objectives into media strategies and programs for activation. This individual and their team will play a meaningful role in new business, facilitating the development of the overall strategy to address the client’s recognized and undiscovered objectives, all with an eye towards driving performance. The ideal candidate will be a motivational leader, a strong collaborator, and inspire great work.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Media Services team is a passionate 250+ person group with one goal, to deliver digital solutions that move the needle for our client’s business while providing Raving Fan service. Through a combination of SMES in the areas of ad operations, analytics, media planning/buying, programmatic, search, social and strategy development, the services team has their pulse at the forefront of what’s happening across the digital landscape. This team develops bespoke solutions designed to help clients maximize their budgets and achieve their KPIs. Working closely with the client development team (sales), a primary focus of the services team is to win, grow, and retain business among a diverse portfolio of clients. The services team is responsible for stewarding $500M+ in paid digital media annually. The team has an exciting and collaborative working dynamic that amplifies Centro’s winning culture.
WAYS YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
- Strategic Thinking and Innovation
- Lead the development of the media strategy and program to deliver on the client business objectives and KPIs/translate the brand’s marketing objectives into omnichannel strategies for activation
- Actively participate in new business opportunities leading the strategic thinking, consumer insight development and overall solution in partnership with the Client Development and Media Service Team
- Oversee the use of qualitative/quantitative research and syndicated data to highlight the consumer insights and develop the winning idea/areas of innovation
- Develop and implement a modern and progressive approach to strategy development that includes a repeatable process
- Evaluate and introduce new approaches to research and insight methods
- Act as the voice of the consumer delivering knowledge and understanding of where and how to best align the medium and the message to optimize performance
- Understand the macro trends shaping key verticals across Centro’s client portfolio (CPG, DTC, ecommerce, education, finance, healthcare, QSR and shopper marketing) and how trends impact media strategy and consumer behaviors
- Collaborate with the Client and Media Services Analysts and Specialists to develop the client strategy, measurement plan, and overall solution for activation
- Recommend innovative uses of media and identify white space opportunities for clients to increase consumer interaction and engagement
- Consult with clients on necessary creative assets to best support the recommended strategy
- Work across a diverse portfolio of existing clients to increase overall client retention and revenue growth through enhanced strategic thinking and better performance results
- Present strategies in an engaging and exciting way
- Provide thought leadership and inspire great work
- Lead a geo-dispersed team consisting of strategically minded media talent and Centro’s research and insights group
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with direct reports/the team resulting in a highly motivated team possessing an all-in approach to supporting revenue growth
- Actively partner with the Media Services leadership team to identify and champion opportunities for business expansion and revenue growth
- Work alongside senior members of the Client Development (sales) and Media Services team to discover, develop, and deliver client-focused solutions that align with Centro’s technology and services offering
- Instill a supportive and learning rich environment for teams
- Foster a team dynamic of accountability with a focus on goal achievement
- Create and retain a highly engaged and effective team
- Hold managers to high standards, providing strong support for their teams leading by example
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience leading strategic planning, account/connections planning or similar functions that bridge an understanding of marketing, media, and consumer insight. This candidate may come from a variety of functional groups including analytics/research, account planning, brand management advertising and media planning.
- Experience developing programs across digital and traditional media and familiarity with data-driven campaigns/CRM based campaigns is highly desirable.
- New business experience in pitching and winning accounts is a must
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with influencing and partnering with senior-level/C suite clients
- Outstanding teamwork & collaboration skills
- Highly motivational leader
- Willingness to actively contribute to and be part of Centro’s culture
- Ability to travel up to 33%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.