System Administrator at Adage Technologies
Founded in 2001, Adage is a web design and development firm that combines strategic thinking with a passion for technology to advance our client's purpose. We bring together a diverse team of creative and technical professionals who partner with our clients to create their digital strategy. It’s our people first approach that drives us to win awards, work with prestigious clients, and break ground with exciting technology.
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago.
We are looking for an entry level System Administrator to maintain IT infrastructure for our office and our staff. You’d set up, upgrade, and manage our software and hardware, as well as monitor and manage internal servers. You’d be front line support for employees and be responsible for troubleshooting equipment and software.
This is an entry level position for Spring 2020.
Ideal candidate is a resourceful problem solver experienced with Microsoft Technologies who is able to communicate effectively across different teams.
What you’ll do:
- Set up complete computer systems for employees, from imaging to employee desk.
- Provide support to end users for remote connectivity to servers
- Create and update technical documentation
- Diagnose, resolve and document incident tickets
- Work closely with technical leads to detect network faults and performance issues
- Proactively implement monitoring services and alerts to prevent network/server outages
- Administer and maintain multiple Windows based servers
We need someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Network Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 0-2 years relevant work experience
- Experience troubleshooting systems or with end user support
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems quickly
- Understanding of virtualization technologies, Hyper-V is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Technologies required, windows server or enterprise server knowledge is a plus
- Basic understanding of network concepts such as: LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, SSH.
- A self-motivated learner
- Effective communication skills
What Adage Offers
Adage has consistently been recognized as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on the Crain’s list of Best Places to Work in Chicago. We have a people first approach, and support our employees with the things that matter most. You’ll enjoy work life balance with flex schedules, work from home options, and 20+ days paid time off annually. Adage offers great benefits with 90% employer paid insurance, profit sharing bonuses, 401k, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen.
Adage Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents and respects diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets. All qualified candidates that share Adage's core values are strongly encouraged to apply.