Systems Administrator (Second Shift)
SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the information technology infrastructure. The position will require working with servers, SAN and network switches, storage, software and other technologies to support the organization. This position provides daily administrative tasks, support tasks, and project work. This position requires working second shift and occasionally third shift to apply patches and fixes for vulnerabilities discovered within the environment.
The candidate will be responsible for assisting with overall systems administration which requires proficiency in several disciplines. The candidate will be required to support a multi-server environment with both physical and virtual servers. The Systems Administrator will be required to work with Microsoft core technologies across the entire organization such as Windows Server, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, Office 365, Exchange Online and others.
The candidate will perform daily administrative tasks on the infrastructure as well as work on projects and provide end user support when required. Candidate will be required to maintain and continually improve the environment to provide the highest levels of service to the user base.
The candidate will also be required to assess performance of systems and make adjustments, provide capacity planning and growth projections, assist with end-user support, and perform software installs and upgrades.
The candidate will be required to maintain the operation of various sites. Business operation demands 24/7/365 continuous up time so candidate must be able to perform overtime when needed which includes holidays and weekends. Continuously changing software and hardware platforms require ongoing training and self-directed learning to maintain skill set. Based on the functions of the Systems Administrator position the candidate will have Admin level rights and access to sensitive and confidential information and must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
A successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate excellent technical skills, proficiency with design, implementation and support of enterprise solutions, and exhibit strong project management and communication skills.
The candidate must pose a superior knowledge as well as be able to demonstrate their technical proficiency in Microsoft Systems technologies with experience in managing medium to large enterprise level environments. The candidate must have a solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, and Internet fundamentals. The candidate should be able to troubleshoot all aspects of Microsoft technologies effectively and understand the product flow patch management, software distribution and logging in detail. Applicants should also have similar skills in Active Directory Services.
- Plan and execute the rollout of changes
- Download and deploy MS patches using WSUS
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Performs system maintenance activities, including monitoring parameters, maintaining security/quality assurance and controlling access
- Responds to user requests and system operation issues, provides assistance to programming and operations personnel in the utilization of software and resolution of user or systems problems
- Determine and implement best practices for the engineering, configuration, administration, and support of Microsoft Technologies
- Design and implement business applications/packages into the SCCM application framework
- Assist desktop engineering with SCCM Windows desktop OS deployment and automated build processes, including performance tuning
- Assist in the conversion of existing automated deployment tools and processes into SCCM
- Provide tier-2 support for Microsoft Server Operating Systems, and Active Directory
- Ensure the Microsoft Server infrastructure stays up to date and performs to the highest level of performance possible
- Ensure that customer systems are available and performing within their Service Level Agreement, while identifying problems and acting appropriately to resolve issues when they occur
- Minimum of 12 years experience working with Microsoft technologies in a large distributed enterprise environment, minimum 3 years working with Microsoft servers
- MCITP or Equivalent Certification or equivalent work experience
- Operating System expertise including Active Directory Account Management. This includes the understanding of Active Directory, Windows GPO, WINS, DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP and commands
- Experience with all recent versions of Windows Server up to and including 2019, Microsoft System Center suite, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating systems, desktops, print servers, printers, MFDs, plotters, Java, Adobe, Hyper-V and VMware (vCenter, vSphere, application virtualization, desktop virtualization, VMware View)
- Experience with scripting (PowerShell, VBScript or other language) and automating routine infrastructure tasks
- Extensive knowledge of computer/network systems infrastructure requirements and standards, standard software package and patch deployment methodologies, standard change control processes within large-to-enterprise size corporations
- Experience with Monitoring Applications – SolarWinds, Microsoft Service Center Operations Manager (SCOM) etc.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices and use of issue/problem tracking systems
- Ability to stay detail-oriented in a fast-paced setting and adapt to changing priorities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance
- Results oriented and self-motivated with the ability to take ownership of IT projects
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while dealing with frequent interruptions and working in a high-pressure environment
- Work rotating off-hour schedule with weekend support to maintain consistent system availability
- Ability to perform routine server maintenance or network emergencies during non-business hours, evenings and on the weekend
- Develop comprehensive planning, testing, and implementation documentation for advanced technologies related to enterprise class server architecture and infrastructure data center applications
- Evaluate and test system upgrades, installs and upgrade system software applications, troubleshoots hardware/software related problems and monitors overall systems performance to ensure system upgrade objectives
- Prepares and presents status reports and technical presentations to various audiences
- Participates in mentoring/training of other IT System Analysts and develops documentation for user problem-solving issues, including system and user manuals
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with an ability to understand the long-term ("big picture")
- Ability to think strategically and implement iteratively