Systems Support Engineer
This job involves working as a member of an Operations team that is responsible for incident and change management. The Technical Support Specialist's primary responsibility is to facilitate timely resolution to issues reported by our customers. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user issues. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and incident tracking tools. This may require escalation to Engineering, working closely with multiple stakeholders and ensuring timely updates are provided while working towards resolution. This position includes an On-Call component to ensure 24-hour production support.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage personal ticket queue ensuring accurate and timely information is provided.
- Troubleshoot and triage incidents reported by internal and external stakeholders to provide feedback on path to resolution.
- Manage development deliverables through defining scope with key stakeholders, prioritizing issues and escalating items while communicating effectively across the organization.
- Knowledge of the platform capabilities and functionality and how it relates to the customer experience when services or technologies are impacted.
- Incorporate learning from all incidents and documenting fixes to aid in the Incident knowledge base for the on-call team with the aim to improve consistency and quality of approach and resolution.
- Understanding of infrastructure, deliverable schedules, and maintenance that may require server interaction.
- Ability to read, understand, and disseminate server log and server transaction information to aid in accurate decision making process.
- SLA and KPI reporting on how the team performs, which will be reported to stakeholders across the business.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships throughout the business. This includes, but not limited to, Infrastructure management, Platform Architecture, Development and QA, Operations teams, Services, etc.
- Ability to be on-call as needed.
- Bachelors degree in IT/MIS or equivalent education/experience.
- 3-5 years of technical support or operational experience.
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and practices.
- Ability to operate in highly fluid environment that supports all business activities.
- Strong customer focus with attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships and develop trust with peers and business partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch across a variety of customer incidents and needs.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience with external troubleshooting tools is a plus.
- SQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Lucene, AWS/Cloud experience preferred