Technical Architect VoIP at Walgreens
The Technical Architect of Unified Communication and Collaboration (UCC) will be responsible for guiding/developing the design/architecture, product selection, planning, and technology roadmaps of Walgreens’ voice infrastructure with an emphasis on collaboration technologies. Responsible for partnering with the Manager (s) of UCC to deliver the implementation, complex maintenance, and management activities derived from the strategy and planning efforts. Participate in the creation, modification, and enforcement of standards, security and operational processes of existing and next generation voice solutions. Responsible for working with a team of UCC engineers ensuring timely project tasks delivery, staff mentoring, process optimization, and performance management recommendations. Develops and maintains strong relationships with other Walgreens' business units, external business partners, and supporting vendors/manufacturers.
Performs as subject matter advisor and may serve as point of escalation and become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature. Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. Understands short and long-term goals and recommends technical solutions and services for alignment. Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing voice information technologies. Develops and proposes options with pros/cons and risk, and works with stakeholders to finalize the best solution that meets business needs. Participates in and contributes to the development of financial budgets for functional area.
- Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT/Engineering organization. Participates in the definition of IT/Engineering architecture to ensure that the IT/Engineering organization’s solutions are built within a consistent framework.
- Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering personnel on a range of software design issues.
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in server side or client side technologies.
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences).
- At least 1 year of experience in domain-specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- At least 5-7 years of experience with Cisco’s voice and collaboration technologies.
- At least 5-7 years of experience with configuration of Cisco Call Manager and Unity Connections and Emergency Responder.
- At least 5-7 years of experience with configuration of Cisco CVP and ICM.
- Experience with Oracle (Acme packet) 6300 model Session Border Controllers.
- At least 5-7 years of experience with a SIP rucking and PRI telecommunications voice service.
- Knowledge of Cisco UC, UCCE, VoIP, SIP and TDM troubleshooting techniques, traffic engineering, and experience interpreting and taking action on alert management and performance management tools.
- Experience with the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and monitoring of core LAN/WAN services including VoIP protocols (ie. H.323, SIP, UDP, RTP).
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience with Cisco Voice and Collaboration with other systems (Genesys, Avaya and Microsoft) and/or knowledge of Python, Perlis or PowerShell is helpful.