Technology Operations Manager
Join Chicago’s growing Healthcare Analytics Solutions company as a Technology Operation Manager to help manage a team of Infrastructure/Security, DevOps, DataOps, and Desktop Support group. As a member of the Advance Technology Group (ATG) team, the Technology Operations Manager will be responsible for the daily operations and management of the enterprise infrastructure and technical operations. This position will participate in informing the vision for technology infrastructure across the enterprise, providing leadership, planning and management for its development, acquisition, implementation and support. This position will partner with management and key stakeholders to align the organization’s information technology operations with strategic direction and build the technology processes and procedures to support business needs.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
- Manage IT operational tasks such as resource allocation, personnel management, technical guidance and mentorship, conflict resolution, and communication
- Monitors and measures the performance and results of IT operations/resources and provides direct and timely performance feedback
- Develops, coaches and motivates staff to improve performance and develop new skills
- Manages relationships with other IT and business stakeholders
- Ensures adherence to company and compliance and regulatory standards, goals, processes and policies as they relate to IT operations and infrastructure;
- Provides regulatory and compliance advice to business and control units on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for documenting and executing business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Supports and encourages others to support the goals of the enterprise as well as those of enterprise partner organizations.
- Oversees the development and implementation of operational system(s), including defining the network architecture, assessing and mitigating security risks, and developing security and contingency plans, to ensure a 99.9% or greater system uptime.
- Manages the deployment and configuration of systems utilizing strict change management processes and procedures.
- Creates and maintains an attitude of continuous improvement in the IT department. Seeks innovative ways to apply technology to the organization’s core activities and supporting management processes to improve productivity and quality while reducing cost.
- In conjunction with the CTO, develops an annual IT budget. Reviews all areas of expenditure for opportunities to reduce expenditures while maintaining required service levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, MIS)
- Minimum 6 years’ relevant work experience with at least four years’ experience leading or managing technical resources and/or an IT service desk in a mid to large sized organization.
- Familiarity with key IT / IS regulations, such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as well as governance and compliance frameworks (e.g. NIST, COBIT, ITIL, HITRUST).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with others, including various levels of management.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to execute short-range plans
- Ability to react quickly to issues and develop both short/long-term solutions.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask, prioritize, and pay close attention to details.
- Strong analytical skills as well as strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks/projects with a minimum of supervision.
- Solid understanding of IT Service Management principles with a strong preference for experience in ITIL based organizations.
- Solid understanding of IT supported technologies, and a broad knowledge of IT Technology and infrastructure.
- Commitment to ensuring the security, confidentiality, availability, and integrity of client information
- Automation experience with CloudFormation, Resource Manager, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Container experience with Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes
- 3+ years previous consulting experience, especially a Big 4 consulting firms or specialty cloud consulting firms
Pareto Intelligence is a leading healthcare solutions company modernizing the way health plans and providers succeed in value-based care. These solutions are supported by proprietary algorithms, predictive models and advanced data science that have analyzed over $100 billion in claims/medical costs and touched over 14 million lives. Through this, Pareto demystifies complex healthcare data and delivers actionable strategies to achieve complete and accurate revenue, communicate critical patient information seamlessly, and inspire more informed business decisions. Pareto was launched in 2013 by HealthScape Advisors, a privately held management consulting firm based in Chicago. That means Pareto’s pedigree is deep expertise and a pragmatic approach to executing solutions.
Pareto Intelligence is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.